DS #5140: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Europe)

undercarris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still no fix for us ezlash V v1 owners
ohnoes.png

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eruonen said:
The4rmageddon said:
What I just noticed is, that all of you must choose left-handed or right-handed, right? Is it possible that your flashcarts dont read the save file?
CODE[21:57:17] ÂÂWhat I just noticed is, that all of you must choose left-handed or right-handed, right? Is it possible that your flashcarts dont read the save file?ÂÂ
[21:57:26] Tell him that I converted the save and it still froze
[21:57:32] to shut him up
[21:57:33] in fact
[21:57:54] ask him if he even knew it freezes
[22:00:21] ok
who was calling them selves Osaka in irc? o-o;

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AP in the Japanese version of the game can be cracked using Open Patch and a current Gamelist.txt. I won't supply the code as it may be viewed as breaking forum rules, but Open Patch is easy enough to find.

If the European version of the game uses the same AP as the Japanese version, it's probable that the European version can be fixed with a hex edit as well. The trouble, of course, is finding the right code.

I don't think I'm posting information that hasn't been posted before, but I felt like pointing out this fact may help anyone ambitious enough to try to break the AP.

Eruonen

Trophies
Website
autotox.in
XP
Country
Netherlands
Osaka said:
Eruonen said:
CODE[21:57:17] ÂÂWhat I just noticed is, that all of you must choose left-handed or right-handed, right? Is it possible that your flashcarts dont read the save file?ÂÂ
[21:57:26] Tell him that I converted the save and it still froze
[21:57:32] to shut him up
[21:57:33] in fact
[21:57:54] ask him if he even knew it freezes
[22:00:21] ok
who was calling them selves Osaka in irc? o-o;
That would be TechnoAllah.

EDIT: derp

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remained optimistic, but.. come on now.. this is getting a bit ridiculous. Still no fix? How was it that Pokemon was cracked, but not this? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ShadowSoldier said:
I remained optimistic, but.. come on now.. this is getting a bit ridiculous. Still no fix? How was it that Pokemon was cracked, but not this? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I have to agree here. Ive been lurking the scene for a while and i never seen any game that took so long to crack.
It might have been a good thing since some users here claim to have gotten an actual copy of the game, but come on.

alzir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is not a good thing for me. I would totally buy this, but as I said before, I live in Brazil. Come on.... I just finished Hotel Dusk fot the third time, I am so anxious to play this! Hackers, please, help us :/

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
alzir said:
It is not a good thing for me. I would totally buy this, but as I said before, I live in Brazil. Come on.... I just finished Hotel Dusk fot the third time, I am so anxious to play this! Hackers, please, help us :/
Cool off, we can't tell them what to do.
frown.gif
They do it when they feel like it, play some older games first
closedeyes.gif

PantsuPanic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we are, nearly a month later, and Last Window still has no patch.

Why could that be? Let's look at the possibilities:

1) The hackers feel that Cing was a victim of consequence and therefore their final game deserves respect from the scene.

Cing is bankrupt and gone. They no longer exist, period. They don't have stock options, an office, or even a website. But they ceased to exist BEFORE Last Window was published by Nintendo in Europe. Who, by the way, is responsible for bankrupting them in the first place. Don't believe me? Do your homework. Find out what a complete lack of marketing will do from a publisher for a developer. Find out who closed Cing down and forced them into bankruptcy. That's right, Nintendo. Nintendo is notorious for being loan sharks to their 2nd party developers. So guess what then? If you buy Last Window, you're giving money to Nintendo, NOT Cing. No single Cing employee is getting a red cent of your money if you buy Last Window.

2) No one cares about Last Window so why bother cracking it.

Well I think that fact that this thread alone is at 37 pages proves people care very much about playing it.

3) The Last Window ROM's AP is simply uncrackable, the encryption/deviancy is too strong for the hackers of the internets.

I don't know. Maybe? That's about the only reasonable option left at this point. Only the Japanese hackers can handle it apparently.

-

So... ultimately, as an American I find the idea of paying $60 plus international shipping for a DS game that should of come out in the USA (as well as EU) appalling. I should be able to go down to Wal-Mart or GameStop and buy this game off the shelf for $30-40. It's only FAIR considering the first game came out here. Not that Nintendo gives a damn. Remember how the USA got Trace Memory? But then when the sequel came out, Another Code R, it only came out in EU too? Well I don't think that's right, and I don't think Nintendo deserves my money for this behavior. If I could walk up to Taisuke Kanasaki or Shigeru Komine and give them $60 personally I would. But the fact is, I can't. All I can do is wait for a patch or support regional extortion.

So what's it gonna be scene? Are you simply too busy cracking Pokemon games to give a damn anymore?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PantsuPanic said:
Here we are, nearly a month later, and Last Window still has no patch.

Why could that be? Let's look at the possibilities:

1) The hackers feel that Cing was a victim of consequence and therefore their final game deserves respect from the scene.

Cing is bankrupt and gone. They no longer exist, period. They don't have stock options, an office, or even a website. But they ceased to exist BEFORE Last Window was published by Nintendo in Europe. Who, by the way, is responsible for bankrupting them in the first place. Don't believe me? Do your homework. Find out what a complete lack of marketing will do from a publisher for a developer. Find out who closed Cing down and forced them into bankruptcy. That's right, Nintendo. Nintendo is notorious for being loan sharks to their 2nd party developers. So guess what then? If you buy Last Window, you're giving money to Nintendo, NOT Cing. No single Cing employee is getting a red cent of your money if you buy Last Window.

2) No one cares about Last Window so why bother cracking it.

Well I think that fact that this thread alone is at 37 pages proves people care very much about playing it.

3) The Last Window ROM's AP is simply uncrackable, the encryption/deviancy is too strong for the hackers of the internets.

I don't know. Maybe? That's about the only reasonable option left at this point. Only the Japanese hackers can handle it apparently.

-

So... ultimately, as an American I find the idea of paying $60 plus international shipping for a DS game that should of come out in the USA (as well as EU) appalling. I should be able to go down to Wal-Mart or GameStop and buy this game off the shelf for $30-40. It's only FAIR considering the first game came out here. Not that Nintendo gives a damn. Remember how the USA got Trace Memory? But then when the sequel came out, Another Code R, it only came out in EU too? Well I don't think that's right, and I don't think Nintendo deserves my money for this behavior. If I could walk up to Taisuke Kanasaki or Shigeru Komine and give them $60 personally I would. But the fact is, I can't. All I can do is wait for a patch or support regional extortion.

So what's it gonna be scene? Are you simply too busy cracking Pokemon games to give a damn anymore?

Only problem with the third idea is that the game is working on some flashcards. So it is hackable. And apparently there is an update coming out for AKAIO that fixes this, but there is no release date and nothing else being spoken of. The game also carries the same AP as the Japanese version, and that was hacked... so there's something up.

One of the worst things about living in North America is we don't always get the great games or anything. I really don't want to invest in a Supercard DSTWO.. but if it's able to play the newer games and gets hacked faster... I might not have a choice. Acekard is a great card, it's just a shame that it's slowly dying.

I would love to buy this game online, but I refuse to pay more than a home console game's price.

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In case anyone cares, here´s a thread at Neogaf wich gives us a little more light as to what happened to Cing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389518

It´s long, but it think it´s worth a read. It seems it wasn´t entirely their fault, but that´s the way the game industry works.
Their games were really good, i hope we see more of them in the future, probably on the 3DS.
rolleyes.gif

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
default2k said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I have to agree here. Ive been lurking the scene for a while and i never seen any game that took so long to crack.
It might have been a good thing since some users here claim to have gotten an actual copy of the game, but come on.
Noboby is cracking it, that's why. Japanese hackers already fixed their own version, they don't care about this one.

AFAIK, the game has checks below 8000h and that's all. I'm not familiar with the specifics but it's not that hard to crack.

In fact, it worked just fine on AKAIO latest beta (the one available back then), no fix or loader updates required.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
default2k said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Noboby is cracking it, that's why. Japanese hackers already fixed their own version, they don't care about this one.

AFAIK, the game has checks below 8000h and that's all. I'm not familiar with the specifics but it's not that hard to crack.

In fact, it worked just fine on AKAIO latest beta (the one available back then), with no fix or loader updates required.
I've tried all of the publicly available betas and stable versions that I could get my hands on, and none of them seemed to play this game properly. I know that it's fixed in AKAIO 1.8, which is all well and good for the AKAIO beta testers, but for those of us who don't have inside info on it we're sitting around with our thumbs up our asses.

If you found an AKAIO beta that loads the game fine (no freezes), care to share the download link? I could have sworn I tried all of them, but maybe I overlooked one.

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Skyline969 said:
Pendor said:
default2k said:
ShadowSoldier said:

In fact, it worked just fine on AKAIO latest beta (the one available back then), with no fix or loader updates required.
I've tried all of the publicly available betas and stable versions that I could get my hands on, and none of them seemed to play this game properly. I know that it's fixed in AKAIO 1.8, which is all well and good for the AKAIO beta testers, but for those of us who don't have inside info on it we're sitting around with our thumbs up our asses.

If you found an AKAIO beta that loads the game fine (no freezes), care to share the download link? I could have sworn I tried all of them, but maybe I overlooked one.

I totally forgot about the J version, lol.
But still, i can see its pretty anoying for Acekard users. I mean Last Window was the only game i was looking forward to play, and im glad i did.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Pendor said:
default2k said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Betas are not public. Can't share it, sorry.

But I can tell you that, aside from a few quirks, latest version is pretty stable and a public release shouldn't take too long.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
Skyline969 said:
Pendor said:
default2k said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Betas are not public. Can't share it, sorry.

But I can tell you that, aside from a few quirks, latest version is pretty stable and a public release shouldn't take too long.
Good to hear it. Let's hope that the AKAIO team is more promising than the MENUdo team (zing!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...