DS #4944: Megaman Zero Collection (USA)

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bunsy said:
Rayder said:
My ONLY complaint with pre-cracked ROMs is that they are just that; pre-cracked. The download SHOULD contain the clean ROM and a patch you can apply to the ROM to fix it if it doesn't work on your flashcart.

But I guess that makes too much sense.
glare.gif

So you want to enforce an extra step for nearly all end-users, instead of having everyone just plop the file on their SD card and play? Have you seen the release threads for cracks and trainers here, and how most of those posters need step by step instructions to do something as basic as apply a patch? What purpose does this serve, other than appeasing your desire for clean dumps?
This is a problem then. People who can't figure out how to work a patching program should not be pirating. End of story.

I think clean dumps are important for any hacking/modification, but other than that I don't mind that much. I just hate that any intro/cracktro is not touch-screen compatible, while I often browse and select games with my touch screen. I guess it's not an issue with a game like this, but a more touch-heavy game would be quite annoying.

bunsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
It's not supposed to be easy to pirate games, you know. If someone can't figure out how to patch a game with a fix file, then maybe they shouldn't be pirating them at all.

It's not supposed to be easy to release games. If someone can't figure out how to crack copy protection, then maybe they shouldn't be releasing games at all.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
My ONLY complaint with pre-cracked ROMs is that they are just that; pre-cracked. The download SHOULD contain the clean ROM and a patch you can apply to the ROM to fix it if it doesn't work on your flashcart.

But I guess that makes too much sense.
glare.gif

^ agreed. only legitimate reason (pushing legitimate here...) to prepatch these roms is to keep your name out there.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bunsy said:
Rayder said:
It's not supposed to be easy to pirate games, you know. If someone can't figure out how to patch a game with a fix file, then maybe they shouldn't be pirating them at all.

It's not supposed to be easy to release games. If someone can't figure out how to crack copy protection, then maybe they shouldn't be releasing games at all.

I agree with Rayder and honestly if you can´t use a simple patch file (and possibly google a bit to understand) you are just dumb.

PS: Why is everybody talking about where to get it ;P ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol