Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
XXLANCEXX said:
Im gonna do surgery on the japanese Abraham release and the clean release and see if i can switch the sprite files around and make the japanese voices over to the english version and the blood
Not as easy as you think
rolleyes.gif

Good luck...I think you would have more luck dissasembling the USA version and try to overwrite the JAP version if you want the blood....

god knows where that file is at.

BTW - opened the JAP cracked Abraham release too...nothing that I can see or understand that will get us closer to the goal of what we want.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually bought both of these. Japanese and English

On my own dumps the following files in the Japanese version are bigger in size than the English version when viewed in NitroExplorer. I thought these might be the voiceover files.

sub_com_z2.bin (Not actually any different, but should be replaced just to test)
sub_dtbase_z4.bin
sub_elf_z2.bin

and anything else that starts with sub_

I'm going to try replacing these and the sound data to see if it works

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
XXLANCEXX said:
Im gonna do surgery on the japanese Abraham release and the clean release and see if i can switch the sprite files around and make the japanese voices over to the english version and the blood

QUOTE(Nuclear Raven @ Jun 9 2010, 11:26 PM) I actually bought both of these. Japanese and English

On my own dumps the following files in the Japanese version are bigger in size than the English version when viewed in NitroExplorer. I thought these might be the voiceover files.

sub_com_z2.bin (Not actually any different, but should be replaced just to test)
sub_dtbase_z4.bin
sub_elf_z2.bin

and anything else that starts with sub_

I'm going to try replacing these and the sound data to see if it works
thx good luck
mellow.gif

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
46079 is the correct one....I tried it and it skips it. However you will see it flash when you boot up the game. Hopefully, In the future, someone will know a way to fully remove it, but right now this is a good way to skip the annoying message. I really wish it was fully gone though.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
takun32 said:
46079 is the correct one....I tried it and it skips it. However you will see it flash when you boot up the game. Hopefully, In the future, someone will know a way to fully remove it, but right now this is a good way to skip the annoying message. I really wish it was fully gone though.

Agreed, but only a minor set back. Again, any differences between this and a clean one? (If anyone knows)

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
takun32 said:

Hahaha, true. It is just a less than a second flash.

GreatCrippler said:
QUOTE(takun32 @ Jun 9 2010, 02:31 PM) 46079 is the correct one....I tried it and it skips it. However you will see it flash when you boot up the game. Hopefully, In the future, someone will know a way to fully remove it, but right now this is a good way to skip the annoying message. I really wish it was fully gone though.

Agreed, but only a minor set back. Again, any differences between this and a clean one? (If anyone knows)

The exact difference, only when someone has the clean dump to hex compare them. But, for example, NDSTokyoTrim says it was incorrectly trimmed.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Maverick Lunar X said:
RebornX said:
Maverick Lunar X said:
RebornX said:
it works on DSTWO but it is a little laggy

?

ive got it on DSTWO and havent noticed lag, any spot in particular?
at the train mission

I just got past that part, no lag whatsoever. maybe an sd card problem?
i formated it and again is lagging
frown.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
takun32 said:

the clean one doesn't have a shitty intro?

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got to go somewhere soon, but I'll be testing it while I'm out.

Feel free to find NitroExplorer and extract said files from the japanese and put them in the english game.

Also make sure you extract the sound data files as well if you do this. They are no different in size but if the voices are dummied out in the us version and you dont replace these files with ones from the japanese version the voices likely will not play

Sound Data Files (Obviously)
sound_data.sdat
sound_data_z1.sdat
sound_data_z2.sdat
sound_data_z3.sdat
sound_data_z4.sdat

Possible Voiceover Files (Need to Confirm this)
sub_com_z2.bin
sub_dtbase_z4.bin
sub_elf_z1.bin
sub_elf_z2.bin
sub_elf_z4.bin
sub_mini_z3.bin
sub_mini_z4.bin
sub_new_z2.bin
sub_old_z2.bin
sub_recipe_z4.bin
sub_result_z4.bin
sub_save_z4.bin
sub_z1.bin
sub_z2.bin
sub_z4.bin

These also possibly could be voice files as well, however they do not differ in size between the versions and they might actually be script files for the text displayed in the game.

Dont replace these files in the US version with those from the Japanese version unless replacing all of the files listed beforehand doesn't work. I have a hunch these are used for the text.

talk_z1.bin
talk_z2.bin
talk_z3.bin
talk_z4.bin

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nuclear Raven said:
I've got to go somewhere soon, but I'll be testing it while I'm out.

Feel free to find NitroExplorer and extract said files from the japanese and put them in the english game.

Also make sure you extract the sound data files as well if you do this. They are no different in size but if the voices are dummied out in the us version and you dont replace these files with ones from the japanese version the voices likely will not play

Sound Data Files (Obviously)
sound_data.sdat
sound_data_z1.sdat
sound_data_z2.sdat
sound_data_z3.sdat
sound_data_z4.sdat

Possible Voiceover Files (Need to Confirm this)
sub_com_z2.bin
sub_dtbase_z4.bin
sub_elf_z1.bin
sub_elf_z2.bin
sub_elf_z4.bin
sub_mini_z3.bin
sub_mini_z4.bin
sub_new_z2.bin
sub_old_z2.bin
sub_recipe_z4.bin
sub_result_z4.bin
sub_save_z4.bin
sub_z1.bin
sub_z2.bin
sub_z4.bin

These also possibly could be voice files as well, however they do not differ in size between the versions and they might actually be script files for the text displayed in the game.

Dont replace these files in the US version with those from the Japanese version unless replacing all of the files listed beforehand doesn't work. I have a hunch these are used for the text.

talk_z1.bin
talk_z2.bin
talk_z3.bin
talk_z4.bin

this is getting interesting
biggrin.gif

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey while you guys are at it, why not create a patch to include the remastered tracks? I tried it yesterday with the japanese rom but I can't seem to locate the sound data, which goes to show how much of a noob I am at this.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
takun32 said:
hey while you guys are at it, why not create a patch to include the remastered tracks? I tried it yesterday with the japanese rom but I can't seem to locate the sound data, which goes to show how much of a noob I am at this.

you know, they aren't hackers. and most of the songs i found in the sound data were just midi's.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
basher11 said:
takun32 said:

you know, they aren't hackers. and most of the songs i found in the sound data were just midi's.
Little did you know it is possible, on some games.
I once changed Devil Survivor's horrible battle theme for Persona 4's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme