fragtrolls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Archenyte said:
fragtrolls said:
I would but i can't, as I've said i can not access the SD card. (I've forgot to add that the game loaded for 40-50 seconds, so that was really strange)

The same thing happened to me too. (Good thing i always keep backups of everything) What happened when i tried to boot from my pc though as that it said that the card wasn't formatted and asked me to, so you SHOULD be able to access the sd card. Try restarting your computer first and try again. (I don't know.. sometimes my computer doesn't detect and sd card until i restart my comp, but maybe that's only my problem. Try it anyways)

Thanks for the tried it but nothing changed
frown.gif
I'll try it tomorrow on 2 other PC-s, then i think i'm forced to buy a new card. I hope the R4 is fine and it's just the R4. Sadly, all my saves (500+) are gone, my last backup was months ago.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
squall23 said:
So Rubedo, if we've got custom songs that aren't in your pack, we can just pm them to you with translated names right? Because I've got quite a lot of stuff from when I played the Japanese version that isn't in the pack.

Yes, please do.
Also if they are from an anime or a video game, please tell me what they are from as well.

What if we have songs in the pack, BUT the lyrics are being changed to romaji so they don't show random letters? Would you accept those?

QUOTE(Rubedo @ May 29 2010, 05:05 PM)
Wait, so the Wood fix is corrupting microSDs?
No...... My Wood R4 is working fine and hasn't corrupted. It's just them. They must have both gotten a dump of the game with some botched coding. *HINTHINTavoidthesuxxorsdumpHINTHINT*

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Rubedo said:
squall23 said:
So Rubedo, if we've got custom songs that aren't in your pack, we can just pm them to you with translated names right? Because I've got quite a lot of stuff from when I played the Japanese version that isn't in the pack.

Yes, please do.
Also if they are from an anime or a video game, please tell me what they are from as well.

What if we have songs in the pack, BUT the lyrics are being changed to romaji so they don't show random letters? Would you accept those?

No...... My Wood R4 is working fine and hasn't corrupted. It's just them.

Sure, just make sure you tell me that.
Also, when I say to send me things that "aren't in the pack" I also mean songs that ARE in the pack, but not translated, like the things in the ndsbbs and variety folders, so if you find anything in those that you know and rename them, don't forget to send me those too.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Inunah said:
Rubedo said:
squall23 said:

Yes, please do.

No...... My Wood R4 is working fine and hasn't corrupted. It's just them.

Sure, just make sure you tell me that.
Also, when I say to send me things that "aren't in the pack" I also mean songs that ARE in the pack, but not translated, like the things in the ndsbbs and variety folders, so if you find anything in those that you know and rename them, don't forget to send me those too.
Okay...
Well, right now all I've got is Happy Material done, so when I get others i'll zip them up and send them along :3

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems that somehow my Jam With the Band 28 bdx upload was deleted from the Banbro uploader. No idea why, maybe someone figured out the delete key?
I changed the key and reuploaded it and included a thank you to the Japanese community. Lets just hope they can read it XD

And yes, thank you Inunah

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
no this corruption thing is likely to do with how the sav is 32 mb... if you had less than that of free space remaining, it'll forcefully create the sav and then thus corrupting the card.

same reason why some people got corrupt cards after playing wario ware diy, cuz that also uses a 32mb sav

marcateyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for all of you that are formatting your corrupted microsd's... I jsut went out n *downloaded* the full version of PCRecovery DriveRestore. Just make it fix the boot sector, n it will save you the pain of formatting and all that.

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ROOM ON YOUR SD CARD. Thanks sword414!

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sword414 said:
no this corruption thing is likely to do with how the sav is 32 mb... if you had less than that of free space remaining, it'll forcefully create the sav and then thus corrupting the card.

same reason why some people got corrupt cards after playing wario ware diy, cuz that also uses a 32mb sav

Good thing I always keep extra space open on my MicroSD >_>
Also, unrelated to the topic at hand, but I added a link to my Anime list in my sig, for those of you who may be curious about what I've seen since it's pretty clear that I'm obsessed with anime, what with all the anime bdx files I've obtained >_>
Edit: Also added an avatar finally.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know what... I'm actually gonna go back to Daigasso until better tools/hacks come out for Jam with the Band, why?
- it hogs up 88 more megabytes than the Japanese version (rom+sav)
- 50 custom song limit, plus 48 which you can use bdxreplace, and then 100 more if you use degausser which can insert into downloads.
- no support for Japanese characters
- game play is exactly the same. No Japanese knowledge is required. (I'm not planning to sing, and the editor you can just learn it from the english version)

edit---
QUOTE said:
EDIT: Every compile I'm finding of this game is giving me the corrupt microsd
1. Do you have 32mb free space when you start the game
2. it's possible that it has been permanently damaged?

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, this got me thinking...

For those who want DBBDX in "English" without playing JwtB, why don't someone unpack BOTH roms and try to replace some files from the JwtB rom to DBBDX rom? I would try it myself but I'm busy doing something else right now (not only that I ripped the in-game songs! XP).

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
You know, this got me thinking...

For those who want DBBDX in "English" without playing JwtB, why don't someone unpack BOTH roms and try to replace some files from the JwtB rom to DBBDX rom? I would try it myself but I'm busy doing something else right now (not only that I ripped the in-game songs! XP).

Someone posted a thread about that earlier today. Said there were some complications and it couldn't easily be done.
I know nothing of DS hacking so I couldn't do it myself, but if someone did want to do it, they have my support.

rafaelguerreiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the forum but could not find a concrete answer to my doubts. someone with a good will explain to me if there is a way to extract the music I play European (including those that use the microphone to sing) for the Japanese game? if so how I do it?

PKInferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
(pic)

Can anyone tell me the proper romanization for those song titles? That's the last of the 200 Nintendo songs that I have to rename, 49 to be exact.

I'm assuming you're looking for this type of romanization, this example is the first song on your list...

'ni oku yon sen man no hitomi'

or this one 'BIICHITAIMU' would be 'Beach Time' (all caps if you're into that)

I can PM you the rest of the list if someone didn't do this already.

(edit: added second translated sample)

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The next version of the pack should be out in a few days, once I work these last few kinks out. I also came into the possession of a few more songs
smile.gif

Also, I decided what song I'm going to make once Team Cyclops releases a fix for JWTB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMa-Z4-RqIU
I don't really know what I'm doing, so I chose something simple, but good.

BAD NEWS EVERYONE!
For some reason my CycloDS isn't recognizing my MicroSD. Not sure if this is related to one or the other so I'm gonna (hopefully) go and get a new MicroSD later today. If it works, well, that's good
biggrin.gif

If it's a problem with the CycloDS however, I will need to replace it, so that would mean no more updates to the pack after this next one (which is largely complete) aside from what you guys send me, until I can get a replacement.
I'll let you guys know what happens though.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
Well, right now all I've got is Happy Material done, so when I get others i'll zip them up and send them along :3

Guwaah, I need that romanized Happy Material, gimme! xDD

Or I could just wait for Rubedo to add them to the pack :/

QUOTEThanks for the tip guys, I reformatted my card and now it works. But i think i'll avoid jam with the band from now on...

Also, I havent had any problems running JWTB with wood :/ It runs and saves flawlessly - the only thing that doesnt work is the Wi-Fi download feature, for obvious reasons. I want some of the songs on there, but I guess I would have to buy the game for them :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?