DS #4894: Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (USA)

HunterJ

Trophies
XP
Country
well it is SIMILAR to power rangers and the game is actually half decent! that surprised me as i thought it wud be like the power rangers (FTW) sucky games
but its actually ok and i take back my previous statement!
this is pretty cool and the announcement of another upcoming game sounds good

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
This show got localised in Japan, they dubbed over the original American voices, pretty hilarious.

Personally, I prefer Super Sentai over Kamen Rider, but have loved both series for decades ; )

I think the robot show you may be thinking of is Red Baron, which afaik got released on DVD in Hawai?

Or maybe it was one of the Metal Hero shows, which also got shown in some parts of South America, Brazil, and the Philippines.

Black/RX were very GrimDark ; ) then again, so was the simply wonderful KR Blade which imho was even better...

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I only know Powerrangers... xD When I was a small child I actually liked it, nowadays... Hell I can only ask myself WHY I wantched it at all or WHY I loved it so much... xD

I don't think that we had that Dragon Riders stuff over hre in Germany, can't remember at all.
But we had... uh... someone above me mentioned that red robot... Well it's been a guy and I think he was working for a fire department (if I can remember that right) and wearing his cool red dress there he could even walk through fire for a short period of time...
He's been some kind of Power Ranger too. xD Helping people and stuff. But I don't know if there were ever more like him in this series. I could only watch three episodes or so, becauuuuse my mother didn't allow me to watch "crap like that". ^^

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
No offence, but the overseas versions of these shows can't even compare to the originals, its like comparing sandlot baseball to Major League..And if you choose to learn Japanese, they are even more rewarding, the rubbish subtitles out there for these shows never, ever do them justice...

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, i played this game for a while, the current 5 stages.

and so far, it's a fairly simple beat them up, the controls scheme is pretty easy.

L/R to cycle through your card deck.
A to use cards
B to jump
Y for light attack
X for heavy attack.

There are some slight variations to the game, but mostly it's just another word for kill them all!!

The only thing that i am not used to is that after defeating a major boss, i do not get any reward or new cards, instead i got my new card from leveling up..

Speaking of Leveling up, you will gained experience after each stage, with bonus exp if you managed to deal alot of damage( getting hit will not penalized you, if it does, there's something wrong with that, you are a lone rider fighting so many baddies, and let's not kid ourselves, just like power rangers, these heroes do not come with fighting many villains 101 , so of cos they will get hit)

So, after you have accumulated enough exp and level up, you will gain a new card or a new ability.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
This movie is not from the game but it can explain more or less what kamen riders are
smile.gif

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, Kamen Rider Kabuto really was an awesome show, so many good characters! I still rate Hibiki as being superior, but Kabuto is a wonderful introduction to Kamen Rider, so excellent choice of vids there, azotyp!!! ; )

gie009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here in asia tokusatsu are very popular, I love the kamen rider series and this one is the US version of kamen rider ryuki. I dont like the western version, but what the heck Ill try this one anyways just for fun!
wink.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, so far, it's a perfectly acceptable guilty pleasure. I don't know anything about this franchise, and it's a very simplified brawler/fighter, but I have to admit, I kinda dig it. It looks good and controls well.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mrfatso said:

and so far, it's a fairly simple beat them up, the controls scheme is pretty easy.

A to use cards
B to jump
Y for light attack
X for heavy attack.

There are some slight variations to the game, but mostly it's just another word for kill them all!!

The only thing that i am not used to is that after defeating a major boss, i do not get any reward or new cards, instead i got my new card from leveling up..

Speaking of Leveling up, you will gained experience after each stage, with bonus exp if you managed to deal alot of damage( getting hit will not penalized you, if it does, there's something wrong with that, you are a lone rider fighting so many baddies, and let's not kid ourselves, just like power rangers, these heroes do not come with fighting many villains 101 , so of cos they will get hit)

So, after you have accumulated enough exp and level up, you will gain a new card or a new ability.
Tapping an enemy in a multiple hostile takedown will switch the lock to the tapped enemy
Pressing your rider on the touch screen will charge our advent bar
Down and Up change your battle line (in a 3D fighting arena-like soul caliber)

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sa1amandra said:
mrfatso said:

A to use cards
B to jump
Y for light attack
X for heavy attack.

Tapping an enemy in a multiple hostile takedown will switch the lock to the tapped enemy
Pressing your rider on the touch screen will charge our advent bar
Down and Up change your battle line (in a 3D fighting arena-like soul caliber)
backwards forwards (d-pad) for a slow, but guard breaking attack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-