DS #4705: Shounen Kininden Tsumuji (Japan)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think this is that Zelda-esque game EA put out for Japan. Looks good. I'm sure they'll eventually localize it.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
2nd zelda clone on the DS... it may even be *GASP* better than zelda due to the ninja theme
its been long since it was mentioned about until now and it got 27/40 from famitsu
I would recommend not taking famitsu too seriously these days.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark_linis said:
shakirmoledina said:
2nd zelda clone on the DS... it may even be *GASP* better than zelda due to the ninja theme
its been long since it was mentioned about until now and it got 27/40 from famitsu
I would recommend not taking famitsu too seriously these days.

Was about to say that. Most of their reviews are basically just a scale of how much money and how many gift baskets were given to them. They have a lot of bullshit scores.

If by "Zelda clone" you mean "Zelda DS clone", then I won't really bother. DS Zelda games are pretty mediocre, honestly, and I wouldn't want a clone of that. If it's a "clone" of original Zelda-type games, then count me in.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
shakirmoledina said:

so what was the 1st zelda ds clone?

edit: just tried it and so far, it's pretty fun, seems like this is zelda done right, instead of taking train/boat/ other means of slacking, this dude walks to town to town just like the old zelda
biggrin.gif

so far, there's a puzzle at 3rd(including ur initial town, the next area where u land up, and the place that i am currently at) that requires knowledge of kanji, i would say chinese, but that's only 1 word.

Anyway, tis is a spoiler:

At the puzzle that has 4 color seat, the answer to it is, blue,red,pink, green

Also, make sure u enabled max money cheat at start, if not, u be missing out on 1 life up and your cloth upgrade
frown.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
even this might be a Zelda clone..
but i think it is worth playing this game

comparing this game to many other Jrpg..
this game have more insight than the rest
grahpic is also pretty good
infact, i would say is one of the game that have good graphics
smile.gif

game play wise... i would condemn being stylus/touch control
tongue.gif

i hate such games
however, ninja theme ROCKS
the last time i see such japanese-esque game was like many years ago

benkei gaiden... or tengai makyo...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
and don forget this has a story that makes more sense than a kid saying o noes, a princes got kidnapped, du du du... imma gona rescue her and not expect any reward or kiss or ka-ching!!
hahahahaha.... thats zelda
forever princess rescue and same old plot

---

story? yet to venture this far but like the plot so far
lots of mini quest
one thing i like about this game is
they try to relate things to ninja
i remember at heroes' house

there is this house that you can sneak underneath the house
you will try to navigate yourself to achieve the purpose
crawling too fast might trigger an alarm

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
yup, but at least u are a ninja trying to listen to secrets, so u have to be sneaky, i never could get why is link in zelda ds always such a wuss, escaping from enemies instead of tossing every known weapon at them and praying that one of them work, and instead he has to keep on sneaking past those phantoms.

at the end of the first town, after going through everything and sneaking and doing everything, so fag will appear and burn the town, unlike our awesome link who apparently knows how to use a sword despite being an train engineer and he has great reflex and show no fear, this hero is a kid, he act like a kid, he fight like a kid, he is a kid, not some legendary hero from god knows what dimension. So long story short, his mum protected him from one of the monster attack by the ultimate means, with her life...

So, next the kid turned up at a temple where he learn how to use his shruiken thing.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
yup, but at least u are a ninja trying to listen to secrets, so u have to be sneaky, i never could get why is link in zelda ds always such a wuss, escaping from enemies instead of tossing every known weapon at them and praying that one of them work, and instead he has to keep on sneaking past those phantoms.

at the end of the first town, after going through everything and sneaking and doing everything, so fag will appear and burn the town, unlike our awesome link who apparently knows how to use a sword despite being an train engineer and he has great reflex and show no fear, this hero is a kid, he act like a kid, he fight like a kid, he is a kid, not some legendary hero from god knows what dimension. So long story short, his mum protected him from one of the monster attack by the ultimate means, with her life...

So, next the kid turned up at a temple where he learn how to use his shruiken thing.

SAME ENGINE
SAME IDEA
= MILLION DOLLARS!!

why change the recipe!!
this is why i find hacking games like zelda got no challenge
i would just swallow the game in 20 minutes
however, they do and did make some changes on the new Zelda ST
tongue.gif

this is why hunting down a DPAD code was so hard

---

i am off

Bo@

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hihi, i've juz started this game quite awhile and i kinda got stuck at one part where i'm supposed to get clue to enter a mansion. Somethin similar to how we need to get in the frog palace. I'm at 南町。If you're lookin at the map you will see there's a ladder with something blue. The blue icon is a bell and just next to the ladder there's a house with a hole covered with cobweb and a guy guarding the cobweb hole. Apparently this guy is some sort of fire fighter or somethin n he puts out the fire whenever i try to burn the cobweb out. He reacts when i hit the bell next to the house and warns me bout hitting it. But i can't find a way to like distract him and burn the cobweb off the hole. Has anyone reached that part yet? Did you manage to get through this part? There's no walkthrough that i can refer to can anyone pls help?

edit: i manage to get through already. Thks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol