DS #4172: Monster Mayhem - Build and Battle (USA)

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Time to find out if all monsters in this game are unimaginatively ugly, or if you can truly "BUILD" your own as the title clearly implies.
Crashes in no$gba which is odd for a game bordering on third-party shovelware. Or perhaps no$gba isn't as great as we thought.

I'm assuming you unlock a bunch of stuff, since you really only have one type of monster to start with, pretty much. The colors seem buggy or something and they're missing orange. Basically you run around and tap on stuff to smash it and eat weird things. Fighting other monsters basically amounts to an annoying and unintuitive rock-paper-scissors thing. What's next, a Tic-Tac-Toe game?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
found some screenshots of this game:

955473_20090604_790screen016.jpg

955473_20090604_790screen007.jpg

955473_20090604_790screen006.jpg
955473_20090604_790screen003.jpg

and hence the title.

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
haha looks exciting.
biggrin.gif
wait whats the basis of the build and fight?
Some evil scientist has entrusted you with the power to build monsters! Oh no, other monsters are running amok!
Build your motherfucking monster and fucking KILL THEM!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a weird issue associated with this game. Actually, I'm not sure it was caused by the game, but when I put it on my card and turned on my CycloDS, it said it wasn't formatted. I took the ROM off my card, and everything was back to normal -- all my games and saves were okay. I don't know. Could be a coincidence, but it doesn't seem like a game worth testing my theory on.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
I had a weird issue associated with this game. Actually, I'm not sure it was caused by the game, but when I put it on my card and turned on my CycloDS, it said it wasn't formatted. I took the ROM off my card, and everything was back to normal -- all my games and saves were okay. I don't know. Could be a coincidence, but it doesn't seem like a game worth testing my theory on.

Any chance the file was corrupted, either on your HD or during the transfer process?
That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

Regarding this game, what's the battling like, since that basically makes or breaks the game (like this) for me? Someone said it was like paper-rock-scissors, which can be stupid and random, or awesome, like street fighter.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
i thought crave had gone out of business. lol. they used to publish some decent stuff though, who knows what this'll be like. can't say the screenshots hold too much promise, the monster designs are pretty bad.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
From the screenshots I'm reminded of Monster Lab that came out on the Wii a while back.
The monster creation tool looks a little bit like the one in Spore too.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
bunnybreaker said:
Regarding this game, what's the battling like, since that basically makes or breaks the game (like this) for me? Someone said it was like paper-rock-scissors, which can be stupid and random, or awesome, like street fighter.
I'm wondering the same thing. Can anyone enlighten me on what the fighting is like?

But I dunno, rock, paper, scissors would kill the game, since buying all those different parts would have no purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-