DS #3775: The Humans: Meet the Ancestors (Europe)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I remember The Humans from the days of the Atari ST and the Amiga - was a decent enough Lemmings style game IIRC.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't judge this game until you've played it. I searched a little and found a gameplay trailer for the DS version-

If the trailer speaks at all, the game looks like it's trying to emulate the gameplay from The Lost Vikings, a beloved Blizzard game. No one can say for sure, but it certainly isn't the shovelware minigame collections or pet/job sims. It's some sort of platform puzzle game. Not tried it, but it COULD be worthwhile. Certainly won't do to bash it before you know ANYTHING about it.

To be even MORE specific, the game looks a LOT like an old Atari Lynx game named Dynolympics-
dino.jpg

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Only difference with Lost Vikings is that all three had to be on the end platform - it looked like only one has to be in this game. Will try it and see

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Been lookin' forward to this one. I ain't gettin' my hopes up, but it looks like it good be a fun Toki Tori-type game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qlum said:
more shovelware to waste storage on romsites
You don't really know what shovelware actually means do you?

Its nice that some of the original developers worked on this, I can't say the series has aged all too well (compared to other puzzlers back in the day) but its a decent enough distraction.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yay! finally another platformer for the DS! And it doesn't look half bad.

Lost Vikings was WIN. I hope this is a little bit win as well.
yaynds.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
After playing a few levels, I'll say this will sit comfortably on my gaming shelf with Boing! Docomodoke as a puzzle game that's small enough to not be a bother but also cool to pick up and play a level and go for Gold in between marathons of other games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.