DS #3652: The Dark Spire (USA)

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Ouch, looks crappy.. Dont know what everyone is on about.. Looks lame to me.. I would rather stick with FFCCROF and EOT... Ive played so many better games than this..

And look at the users reading the topic.. I dont know what the big fuss is.. The gameplay footage makes it look really crap..

Thats just my opinion btw..

pantomime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are targeting a specific audience. An audience that values challenge over graphics (game looks gorgeous to me btw). If when you hear the term "Dungeon Crawler" and the first game that comes to mind is Diablo. . . . . then this game isnt for you.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
in other words, this game is for old-school guys like us who are sick of these new rpg and wants to go back to good old dungeon crawler
biggrin.gif

i remember my first dungeon crawler game, long story short, got lost and got killed in around 1 hour, ya i suck at dungeon crawler
biggrin.gif
well i get this and get it a swirl, who knows an old school dungeon crawler might be what i need to get my passion for gaming back
biggrin.gif

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Chanser said:
Odd the RAR file got multiple folders containing the rom.

Heh, I spent an hour just re-rolling the character stats until I was satisfied with the rolls I got. I remember way back in the C64 days I would do that too. Used to drive my friend nuts because he just wanted to get into the game already.

No doubt. Remember Phantasie and Temple of Apshai.

W00T!

Posts merged

QUOTE(ryukyus @ Apr 16 2009, 04:15 PM)
Say what. worst game ever why would anyone play this piece of crap is beyond me, 30 dollars for this what a rip off,you can go online and pllay those kind of crap for free.

Worst game ever?

No, I think your favorite game Imagine:Forum Troll is the worst game ever. This game has retro appeal for those of us who aren't kids and/or Jonas Brothers fans.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is good, but not as good as my favorite homebrew Lone Wolf DS and it's sequel (actually, most games on the DS I've played are worse than LW).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an "old-school" RPG. You young whippersnappers just wouldn't understand. Definitely not a game for everyone.

Believe me, you younger gamers would scoff at all the old-school RPG's of my youth. Just as I tend to scoff at many of the games you guys like. It's a generation gap thing.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pizzaroo said:
This game is good, but not as good as my favorite homebrew Lone Wolf DS and it's sequel (actually, most games on the DS I've played are worse than LW).

Yeah, when I heard about Lone Wolf on DS I was shocked. I didn't think ANYONE but my brother and I 'played' those.

About this game: Awesome, but I still like Shin Megami Tensei better- Old school dungeon crawler meets JRPG. Anyway this game has wicked music and wicked graphics, who would have imagined a retro revolution like this.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
It's an "old-school" RPG. You young whippersnappers just wouldn't understand. Definitely not a game for everyone.

Believe me, you younger gamers would scoff at all the old-school RPG's of my youth. Just as I tend to scoff at many of the games you guys like. It's a generation gap thing.
Being a whippersnapper that appreciates games from all corners of gaming history, some of us are lucky enough to mend the generation gap. That's not to say that I've played this game yet, though.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, i like the presentation but the gameplay is a little confusing. maybe it's because i have never played a game like this in my life. I'll try to get in to it, but it'll take some time for me.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...tempted to start playing this over the weekend. Going on a trip and my copy doesn't arrive from Amazon.com until Monday. It's kind of a PITA to xfer saves though...

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, glad this finally came out. I love the art style, and also admire the fact that it has 2 choices of visuals. This is really for the Wizardry, and Etrian Odyssey crowd, so I don't think everyone will like it. Personally I think it looks awesome.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
pantomime said:
If when you hear the term "Dungeon Crawler" and the first game that comes to mind is Diablo. . . . . then this game isnt for you.
When I hear "dungeon crawler" the first thing that comes to my mind is a game of the "fushigi dungeon" kind, like Shiren the Wanderer or Chocobo Dungeon, even so, this game makes me think of Phantasy Star (the classic ones, not the online kind they have nowdays) and Madou Monogatari... which I don't appreciate simply because of that first person view.

I think this game is crap anyways, relies way too much on the shadows...

But the music sounds very good from the videos posted, so I'm gonna look for the Ost later
ph34r.gif

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
So after watching 30 seconds of the video, is it just like pokemon, except without being good and lacking any moving parts?

EDIT: The soundtrack did seem pretty cool though.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sold! Sure, visually it won't appeal to everyone but for me just the fact that it's an RPG that doesn't look like every other RPG out there (I'm looking at you, Squeenix! And the rest of you JRPG lagabouts!) has me more than interested. It's hilarious that you can swap out the graphics for some seriously old-school designs. Reminds me a lot of playing Dungeon Master on the Atari 1040ST, which also reminds me I never did beat that game. Oh Tiggy, where for art thou?
tongue.gif

I'm gonna call my local Gamestop in the morning to see if they have it (and to confirm that it comes with the soundtrack...otherwise I may hold off on buying it right now...)

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
o.o
i don't get why you people are impressed with this. i know its all about gameplay/story, and graphics aren't that important, but i mean cmon! the battle scenes are just flashing pictures
sleep.gif

i am a young whippersnapper afterall lol. but i'll try this out anyways.

W@dsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have to say, I'm not loving it. I thought I would, since I played the hell out of both Etrian Odyssey games, but it's just not grabbing me..... maybe I'll try it again later when I'm playing less other things (currently working through Valkyrie Profile, DQV, Moon and GTA:CW...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto