DS #3588: Rhythm Heaven (USA)

cheekmac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I read a post asking about the differences in the songs between the Japanese version and the US version in this thread, but I may be wrong. The songs are the same and the lyrics are really similar. That's part of what made the whole dubbing and localization process difficult I'm sure, trying to stick closely to the spirit of the Japanese game. The dubs aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, so I can live with them. I think I'd still undub though.

The couple of haters in this thread are certainly welcome to their opinion, but I hope this game does well in the US. I'd personally like to see more of these quirky little games that are different from most. Rhythm Tengoku Gold / Rhythm Heaven has been my favorite game so far released for the DS.

Did the music in the US version seem like it was louder than the music in the Japanese version to anyone else but me? It seemed to me that the sound effect cues were harder to hear in the US version, but maybe that's just me.

LFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheekmac said:
I thought I read a post asking about the differences in the songs between the Japanese version and the US version in this thread, but I may be wrong. The songs are the same and the lyrics are really similar. That's part of what made the whole dubbing and localization process difficult I'm sure, trying to stick closely to the spirit of the Japanese game. The dubs aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, so I can live with them. I think I'd still undub though.

The couple of haters in this thread are certainly welcome to their opinion, but I hope this game does well in the US. I'd personally like to see more of these quirky little games that are different from most. Rhythm Tengoku Gold / Rhythm Heaven has been my favorite game so far released for the DS.

Did the music in the US version seem like it was louder than the music in the Japanese version to anyone else but me? It seemed to me that the sound effect cues were harder to hear in the US version, but maybe that's just me.
Yeah, I found that too. Rather annoying, in Tengoku Gold, I thought they had handled sounds really well, so well that it was possible to play the game with my eyes closed.

But I can't even hear the sound effects in this version.

PECK YOUR BEAK
PECK YOUR BEAK
STRETCH OUT YOUR NECK

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how the Flow Points work? I see them tallied at the end of performances, but I don't know what they represent exactly or what effect they have on my overall game.

Thanks

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheekmac said:

I think that the music is louder than the Japanese version too... Am I relly weird?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
, its out early can't wait to play.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gigen said:
the ping pong level is just impossible... any tips to pass it?
frown.gif

As you move deeper into the game, many of the minis will seem impossible, but this is one of those games where practice really does make perfect. The difficulty in this game has everything do to with learning and perfecting what's expected of you, rather than overcoming some incredible reflex challenge.

The only tip (aside from practice) I can offer is to watch the touch screen at certain points to make sure you're executing a full flick. Sometimes it's easy to make the gesture without actually inputting it properly on the touch screen.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That game in Level 6, Stage 2 where you have to tap in beat is killing me. I'm tapping to the beat while I'm in the pink shade, but I can't tap in beat while in the black shade. How do you tap while the others are doing in the black shade?

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
White is on-beat, black is off-beat.

To switch from white to black listen to the cues, and tap twice quickly along with 'HOR-HOR!'.

And to switch back from black to white, listen to the cue 'Hi-hor-hi-hor-HAI!' and tap along with the last 'hor-HAI!'

Uh, that's probably the best I can explain it for now... This video might help too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsCHAbznFsE

Watch his hand movements and stuff...

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need help with the third remix
frown.gif

I have currently unlocked every song up to the white and black guys. Then I decided to get a Superb on every previous mini game before I move on. After a little work, I actually have Superb/Perfect on everything BUT Remix 3! Somehow I just can't get a Superb on Remix 3 and I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

With the Lizards, I get the male lizard smiling all the time. With the Dazzles, I get flowers with every move. With the photographer, I get clear shots on all the boats. With the farmer, I get all the turnips in the basket and I punch away all the moles.
These are all indications of perfect timing, right? But with all these prefect timings, I still get an "OK" instead of a Superb. What can I be doing wrong?

theblackwhale

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having some trouble getting this running on an M3 DS Simply. It's currently using patched 1.18 R4 Firmware and when I run the game the DS freezes with both screens showing gray. I've tried using the ARM7 Fix to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got this one, but somehow I'm unable to un-rar it. WinRAR says I need some kind of .r00 file, which actually is a part of the .rar file. So, I'm a bit confused. Does anyone know what to do with this? Thanks in advance.

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
how to fix voices:
unpack both english and japanese roms in ds lazy into different folders
find the soundarc forlder and copy its contents(in j rom)
paste the contents into the english rom's soundarc.
Pack the files.
Done! Enjoy the undubbed english rom.
You're welcome.
yaynds.gif
I did the songs undub but it's not great since training is in English and then the song is in Japanese. I would like to have everything in Japanese.
Can anyone confirm that it would undub the whole game?
Thanks!

edit: okay, I tried and it does work!! Thanks chao1212!!
yaynds.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i finished the game a long long time ago

if anyone needs save file then ask me
i have completed every game and got all the medals so u can do watever u want

battle of the bands unlocked and ever mini game ( battle of the bands both first place )

awsome game i got sooo hooked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh