I want to SIM a Panda~~ha ha~
yaynds.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sim games were better before EA bought Maxis and subsequently disbanded them. Now they use the name haphazardly on anything even vaguely open-ended, regardless of quality. I missed the days when the only bad "Sim" game was SimLife.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
I miss the days when Sim games were Sim games. You know...building? I loathe EA and Maxis as well more and more each time they produce a so-called Sims game for a console that isn't what the original Sims was about. Mini-games don't belong in Sims games.

So as for this animal game, is there boxing in it? You know, like Animal Boxing, which came out a month and a half or more ago?

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GreenBanana - don't hate on Maxis, they aren't to blame... hell, they don't really exist anymore. As Covarr mentioned, EA bought them, and their name has become more and more tarnished ever since. I don't know how many of the original Maxis guys are still there, if any, but they don't have the control over their own products like they used to. EA seems to be notorious for buying and ruining great franchises (Sim City and related sim games, Command and Conquer...) Spore was started by the creator of the Sim games, Will Wright, but since EA was calling the shots, he couldn't quite make it the way he'd intended. I think he made a valiant effort on that one - it's actually not as bad as Sim City Societies was. But I know he can do better - I played every Sim City ever made. Even the first one was awesome for it's time.

That being said, this does sound like a pretty dumb excuse for a sim game - EA trying to capitalize on a once-great concept that they have since dragged through the mud in their race to collect more profits before their customers (a.k.a. unfortunate suckers) catch on and jump ship.

caffeinekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*cough* It's not spelt "koff" *cough*

I suspect my kids will like this as it seems like EAs answer to Viva Pinata and a similar kind of thing but using "real" animals rather than ones full of sweets.

Not my cup of tea at all it must be said but I'm sure it will be popular with "da kidz".
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the Wii version, this is getting good reviews too, a lot are saying its more like the Sim games of old (when they were good). Supposed to be deep and good to play for adults as well as kids.

Will skip this version though.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian Uranium said:
Like the Wii version, this is getting good reviews too, a lot are saying its more like the Sim games of old (when they were good). Supposed to be deep and good to play for adults as well as kids.

Will skip this version though.
Unfortunately, I think they might have lucked out on getting the formula right.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stephenophof said:
This game is *MULTi 11*:

English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish.

huh?? multi 12 surely !? I count 12 languages in your list!

1 English,
2 French,
3 German,
4 Italian,
5 Spanish,
6 Mexican
7 Spanish,
8 Portuguese,
9 Dutch,
10 Swedish,
11 Norwegian
12 Danish.

yeah I have too much time!

yeah its yet another SIM game from EA maby to compete with the hundreds of other pet games out there!

my kids and friends kids like animal games so they will like this
smile.gif

re pandas games mentioned above by gbaelink ... they already have it 2 of them ...

called Panda-San Nikki (Jap) or the other National Geographic Panda (Eng)

JamieA119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^5 and 7.

I think I'll wait 'til Sims 3 for my next sim game though. My sister enjoys this and it works fine on R4 with the latest firmware.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
I miss the days when Sim games were Sim games. You know...building? I loathe EA and Maxis as well more and more each time they produce a so-called Sims game for a console that isn't what the original Sims was about. Mini-games don't belong in Sims games.

So as for this animal game, is there boxing in it? You know, like Animal Boxing, which came out a month and a half or more ago?

Heh, you're funny. Nearly every release you are mentioning Animal Boxing. They sell that game at the store you know. YOU could go get it and dump it for everyone. It's obvious you REALLY want that game.
tongue.gif

Back on topic......is this like a Zoo sim? Does it work on an R4? My friend's kids will probably want this and they have R4's.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Back on topic......is this like a Zoo sim? Does it work on an R4? My friend's kids will probably want this and they have R4's.

R4's are .........De.... er still a good card for kids lol!
smile.gif

Don't have mine to hand its on loan so cannot test for you
frown.gif
....but going to guess if it don't work then arm7 patch or use YSMENU
wink.gif

video

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Heh, you're funny. Nearly every release you are mentioning Animal Boxing. They sell that game at the store you know. YOU could go get it and dump it for everyone. It's obvious you REALLY want that game.
tongue.gif

It works on R4. I've just tested it.
Oh and It has over 9000 12 languages but none of them is my native language.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like a mix of Viva Pinata and Nintendogs. You get the animals to move in, befriend them, shake trees and use fallen seeds to feed animals. The presentation is very off-putting, and the game looks like an uninspired SNES title. The touch-screen implementation is pretty good, though. Lost interest after about 15 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://allfood.recipes/pizza-burger-pie/