shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
any news on how good this is since i heard the last one was done well but nothing too special (after all it's football or rugby wateva)
P.S - In a game where most of it is played using hands and sometimes foot, it's called football but in a game where the totality of the game is by foot and sometimes head, it's called soccer...

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
No... Football is called Football, American Football is called American Football.
dry.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Joe said:
No... Football is called Football, American Football is called American Football.
dry.gif

Not here in America, buddy. We just call it "football." And if you notice, it's an American release. What you're talking about, we call "soccer." Right or wrong, that's just the way we do things here, my friend.
wink.gif

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but you keep picking the thing up and throwing it... Maybe the US could compromise?

Let's, from now on, call it "Over-Protected Rugby With Too Many Stoppages And One Forward Pass Allowed"... I think that's quite catchy. And we can rename the NFL the NOPRWTMSAOFPAL.

As for this game I'm not getting into it. The sprites seem way too small and I'm have trouble distinguishing between my players and the oppositions.

At the moment I'm playing a game as the Raiders against the Falcons. I've just got the ball after they punted it up field, there was a group of players milling around to the left as I was making a break to the right, and I thought, because of the way they were acting (they didn't appear to be chasing me), I thought they were on my side, so I then ran left to use them to block my advance, only to be tackled to death.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How did Atari manage to use the NFL license? Did they talk with EA and EA decided this game posed no threat to Madden?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Just Joe said:
dry.gif

Not here in America, buddy. We just call it "football." And if you notice, it's an American release. What you're talking about, we call "soccer." Right or wrong, that's just the way we do things here, my friend.
wink.gif

It will always be "soccer" to us americans,when they start actually kicking around a football instead of a soccer ball then I may change my stance
tongue.gif

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
LoL do we have to have this debate for every single NFL/Football game that is released?

Plus in Australia, its NFL/gridiron, soccer, rugby and then theirs football as well which is something completely different again.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
It will always be "soccer" to us americans,when they start actually kicking around a football instead of a soccer ball then I may change my stance
tongue.gif

But they are kicking a football? It's you Americans that keep picking up and running with a small rugby ball.
unsure.gif

Turmoil said:
Plus in Australia, its NFL/gridiron, soccer, rugby and then theirs football as well which is something completely different again.

Don't even get me started!
laugh.gif

Turmoil said:
LoL do we have to have this debate for every single NFL/Football game that is released?
QUOTE(Curley5959 @ Dec 7 2008, 10:23 AM)
Exactly..

Personally, I couldn't care less about what it's called, I'm just having a laugh. Soccer, Football, Rugby Football, American Football, Football, Gridiron, Australian Rules Football, Football, it's all good. Although I do wish we'd adopt Gridiron over here as a term for American Football, I really like the sound of that.

I've met people that take the whole name thing very seriously, and to be frank, they're usually really anal, boring, wastes of space and I've felt personally offended that they were sharing the air and that their parents didn't use a condom during their conception.

As for this game I've now given up on it. Maybe I've become EA's bitch, and can't play Gridiron (yay!) without it being Madden, I suppose I've come to expect certain things from these kind of games, and this really doesn't deliver for me, but I think this is just a poor game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1