DS #3055: Chrono Trigger (USA)

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does this work for G6DS Real out of the box?

Because i tried it and it worked perfectly (saving and loading also works)

Although i didn't played much, so i am asking if i encounter problems later on if i do not patch the game.

crescentsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lunarist.com
XP
Country
Anyone from Australia here knows when its gonna be released here ?! I'm friggin impatient to just grab my FIRST EVER legit DS game and they keep delaying it...! I might not want to buy it by the time its released ! T.T

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Densetsu3000 said:
martin88 said:
So I can buy the game, transfer my flashcart save to the retail cart, and use the retail cart to play.
How do you do that??
wtf.gif
For EZ-Flash IV, you use the homebrew ETool v3.13.

In the menu you can choose "Copy SRAM to EEPROM" or "Copy EEPROM to SRAM".

I've used it before to extract save from retail cart, or inject save into it. It works fine.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
martin88 said:
Densetsu3000 said:
martin88 said:
So I can buy the game, transfer my flashcart save to the retail cart, and use the retail cart to play.
How do you do that??
wtf.gif
For EZ-Flash IV, you use the homebrew ETool v3.13.

In the menu you can choose "Copy SRAM to EEPROM" or "Copy EEPROM to SRAM".

I've used it before to extract save from retail cart, or inject save into it. It works fine.
wow that's cool. never thought to use the slot 2 like that lol

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
crescentsaber said:
Anyone from Australia here knows when its gonna be released here ?! I'm friggin impatient to just grab my FIRST EVER legit DS game and they keep delaying it...! I might not want to buy it by the time its released ! T.T
Edit - Next year

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WOW, this is my first time playing Chrono trigger, and i screwed it!

I called my frog Ben, and my Robot Glenn, and throughout all the story where frog is a human they kept calling him "glenn", so i thought it was saying the robot used to be human, so I got mega confused with the story, only recently i learnt the frogs real name is Glenn. Grrr I was so excited for this game yet now ive ruined the story since I got so confused

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Make sure you patch an unmodified rom, that could be the problem. Its just hard-patching the codes so no reason it shouldnt work. if it still doesn't, try the codes or another patch from here on the forums. Unless CycloDS can just not do it.. didnt they release a fw patch for this anyway?

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For all you curious people, I've just tried (U) ROM with (J) save on Supercard DS One V3.

Save works flawlessly, I can warp with Epoch and everything works fine, but I do get endless blue portal animation when traveling.
(U) ROM doesn't have Japanese language option.

I'll just use (J) ROM, no problems with it.
Props to Supercard team for making a quick fix so we don't need to patch the ROM, and we don't need to use cheats, they'll hopefully fix the (U) version soon!
smile.gif

Well, we actually don't need it so fast as (J) version is actually English, but I like to have settings in my Raffles ROM renamer to ignore (J) versions and have (U) versions of my ROMs (hey, backups only!
ph34r.gif
)...

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
Make sure you patch an unmodified rom, that could be the problem. Its just hard-patching the codes so no reason it shouldnt work. if it still doesn't, try the codes or another patch from here on the forums. Unless CycloDS can just not do it.. didnt they release a fw patch for this anyway?

Definitely using a clean xpa-ctu.nds file, I can boot xpa-ctu.nds just fine, but of course it will freeze at portal.

Every single patch I apply sends me straight to double white screen on CycloDS.

I'm using their 1.5 FW, but that only fixes the (J) release so far.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Diosoth said:
So... the only apparent difference between the US and JP versions seems to be the included languages, then? Nothing else?

At least... it's apparent the copy protection routine is different between the 2, if the JP is fixed in Acekard 4.12 but the US version won't work.

Actually, the JP one freezes at the same exact point that the US one does, even when you have the cheat codes on.

QUOTE(crescentsaber @ Nov 26 2008, 08:37 PM) bump! ( can ppl bump topics in Gbatemp ?? )

I can't even comprehend this post.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
GreenBanana said:
I can't even comprehend this post.
It makes as little sense as:
QUOTE(GreenBanana @ Nov 26 2008, 10:49 PM) Um... there's nothing to include a patch with, here. So they didn't include a patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi