DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did play it many many time on my original Snes Cart.

When I say close the door, it means finding a way to make it "not open" at all, like if it was on a flashcart in oder to find a way to debug it.

I know assembly is needed.
the patch for FF:CC was find with wich tools ? someone might have point the good place in asm too.
So I thought someone could do it with Chrono Trigger the same way.

Shinrin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the game does not work in emulators, it crashes at the first time portal! But if you can get past that, you can however get past the first dungeon, but it will crash when you're going back to the present.

jahrasta311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
There's something I want to make clear.

Noone considered the posibility that this might not be a protection per se, as everyone is saying.

Sometimes flashcarts just can't handle new stuff. That's why developers release firmware updates.

Someone PLEASE show me strong and decisive evidence that this "blocks" are indeed anti-piracy measures.

Yep, I know.

You can't.

Noone is not a word.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ferrariman said:
DieForIt said:
For this, DieForIt is going to download the PSX ISO. Put it on his PSP. (No protection).
Better yet: The original SNES version.

Okay I'll try that.
Or not specialy waiting for updates. Cheat's are also okay.
Just like FFCC on DS. With a simple cheat code, you can play it fully.

airpirate545 said:
I know it doesn't work and everything but I just wanted to ask is this a good translation?

The translation is okay, but the fontis poor. Even if your DS language is Japanese, the most is English.

QUOTE(gacktgacktgackt @ Nov 18 2008, 11:40 PM) QUOTE(DieForIt @ Nov 18 2008, 11:37 PM)
For this, DieForIt is going to download the PSX ISO. Put it on his PSP. (No protection).
Great, go for it, at least it'll mean something else is sucking up potential time you'd have to be posting in this thread.

Ah c'mon, don't be angry
frown.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
jahrasta311 said:
Pendor said:

Noone considered the posibility that this might not be a protection per se, as everyone is saying.

Sometimes flashcarts just can't handle new stuff. That's why developers release firmware updates.

Someone PLEASE show me strong and decisive evidence that this "blocks" are indeed anti-piracy measures.

Yep, I know.

You can't.

Noone is not a word.
Unless of course we are talking about noONE

ph34r.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DieForIt said:
Ferrariman said:
DieForIt said:
Better yet: The original SNES version.
Okay I'll try that.
Or not specialy waiting for updates. Cheat's are also okay.
Just like FFCC on DS. With a simple cheat code, you can play it fully.

Is that a fact or a guess?

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Well it is a fact that there's a cheat code which makes FFCC run perfectly with no piracy protection... wouldn't exactly say it was simple though as with FFCC it was just random checks, probably just a single line of code saying "yeah, maybe in intervals of 30 minutes or 60 minutes, just throw in a thanks for playing screen if it's running from a flashcart."

With this however, it's a whole different kettle of fish.

BestIntrest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
BestIntrest said:
Has anyone even confirmed it to be a piracy protection lock or is everyone simply going to continue to throw that crap around like they know what they're talking about?

It's good old fashioned copy protection and everyone who's saying it does actually know what they're talking about.

Explain your opinion or it'll stay so. Just because you don't know why the game doesn't progress past certain points doesn't mean it's copy protection. Take FFCCRoF for example.

jahrasta311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
i dont get it , why were all these people hyped about this game, it dosent have any graphics , very bad ones actually, i dont know about the story so i can say, and it has no Wi-fi, then whats so good?
unsure.gif

It's the best game ever made, go play Crysis if you want graphics, nerd.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Destructobot said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
i dont get it , why were all these people hyped about this game, it dosent have any graphics , very bad ones actually, i dont know about the story so i can say, and it has no Wi-fi, then whats so good?
It's the best RPG of all time.

Explain....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol