DS #2002: Professor Layton and the Curious Village (USA)

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Found a hidden puzzle.. and it's numbered 112!
blink.gif

Lot's of puzzles to be solved there.. some of them very cool to impress your friends XP

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Great game. Not really groundbreaking, but wrapping a point and click adventure over these puzzles adds a lot to it. The presentation is top notch.

I remember encountering many of these types of puzzles in that stinker of a game called Mindstorm (also on DS). I had to suffer through the bad (or should I say unplayable) 'brain' portion of that game (MIndstorm) to get those puzzles.

Hopefully, this will sell, and more point-and-click adventures will show up on the system. The DS is really apt for these kind of games. Just hoping, they will be new, innovative, and fun not rehashes of old PC games like Myst...

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some puzzles are really easy while others are hard. I'm stuck on the one where you ahve to make four boxes into 3 by moving one match, #110

Solved it, it was a stupid answer
sleep.gif

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thaat stupid digital clock one had me lost for half an hour until I noticed the "in a row" part.... ARGH!!!!!!!!

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aargh, I'm stuck at puzzle 9, the one involving matches. Any clues as to how to solve it?

Anyway, this game is excellent. The puzzles are very clever. First good release in quite a while.

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow. Didnt expect it at all. i thought "just another kiddie game adapted from another cartoon". Boy, am i wrong. The puzzles are actually kicking my ass and are really challenging. good stuff.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The puzzles are actually kicking my ass and are really challenging. good stuff.

Your thoughts are the same as mine. I felt so retarded with some puzzle solutions... like the dog matches, the wind blowing candles puzzle and the clock number repetition. This game is hard! But surprisingly fun!

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
"Digital numbers" is kind of stupid.

Most of digital clocks I've seen used the 24-hour system anyways, but those I've seen with AM/PM used 00:21 in the mornings and 12:21 in the afternoons. I've spent three coins for useless advice and finally figured it out after two hours. I was angry.
frown.gif

But still, it's just one small puzzle. I love this game, I'm a die-hard AJ fan, but now I actually think AJ can wait until I'm done with Professor Layton. A truly brilliant piece of gaming.
bow.gif

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This is really good!

QUOTE said:
What? Professor Layton isn't even out yet, and you want more? Nintendo will give it to you. The final page of the instruction manual for Professor Layton and the Curious Village confirms that the next game in the series will come to the U.S.

In the Japanese version of the game, there's a secret password entry screen that can only be unlocked by playing the sequel, called Professor Layton And The Devil's Box in Japan.

That same feature is in the U.S. game, and the instruction manual specifically says that the password "will be revealed in the sequel," so take that as your official confirmation.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village will be available starting Sunday, February 10. If you're in New York City, head over to the Nintendo World store for the official launch party, from 1-3 PM. They'll have puzzle challenges where you can win a Cobalt/Black Nintendo DS, which launches the same day.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/professor-layto.html

evilcode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have an issue with the game saving?

I'm using DS-X and when I tried to start playing again today, my only option was New Game. I was on the third or fourth chapter and had been saving regularly...

Eep.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hints are a gamble because many times (especially the first hint) is something painfully obvious or something you have already realized. Thankfully hint coins are a plenty.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I've been waiting forever. Hope i can get a dump somewhere =P (Im not asking for one. So dont start flaming)

Where it says "Rom Size:512 MB"
Its actually 48.9 MB. Im downloading the game right now. 74%, didnt actually open the ZIP file yet though. Maybe there is like a readme txt or somthing.

!Edit!
Nvm, its 64 MB! Just got a dump. Its great.

mad_golfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have an issue with the game saving?

I'm using DS-X and when I tried to start playing again today, my only option was New Game. I was on the third or fourth chapter and had been saving regularly...

Eep.

Yes, I had the same problem with saving on the DS-X!! But luckly I hadn't played that long before finding out. I did the ARM7 fix and it was able to save properly afterwards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1