wtf.gif

hate2.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think it's that bad. I wasn't expecting anything as good as the old arcade game so I'm not disappointed. The voice work and video will keep me interested.

suprneb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not bad, but...just really disappointing...maybe because its only the first couple of levels and there arent many powerups and stuff but still...

so far - very. disappointing.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is really bad, it's even more disappointing that The Simpsons Movie. This is a game for Simpsons Fanboys only I'm afraid.
I'd go as far to say, that I think that The Bee Game is more fun to play than this crap.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still downloading 82% not far to go, i remember the simpsons on the arcade or mame is it anything like that?

HEy bARt duDE! ((in automan voice))

No. More like Duck Amuck meets Drawn To Life....sans the drawing. Apparently, the developers were big Simpson's fans because they thought this was great fun in an interview I saw. No wonder there are so many suck games on DS.

So what's the ratio of suck games to good games anyway? 10/1? Is that too generous?

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's pretty much what happens you overextend a series. Personally, I think that only South Park can keep renewing itself with its pretty random storylines. But The Simpsons wasn't about swearing or that, and I think we should all let this series die already.

Otherwise, I'm going to wait til the US release for no particular reason =)

martial4rtist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's english only so why exactly are some people waiting for teh us one..?Â
wtf.gif

I don't really like color being spelled colour? I guess I don't really have a good reason...but all my other games are all US, with the exception of some Japanese games that will never be ported or localized.. so yeah... some games that are localized for Europeans are censored more than the US ones too... I'm actually waiting for Prism (U) to be dumped even though there is prob no difference between the European one...guess I'm just a tad strange =p

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay is waaaay too clunky and boring. 16-bit sidescroller with incredibly cumbersome collection tasks. Shame, because the presentation and in-game animations are all quite good, and the cut scenes and one-liners, while not as good as classic Simpsons material, are still generally better than most video games' attempts at humor. Would be a really good kids' game if the jokes didn't skew towards adults.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
some games that are localized for Europeans are censored more than the US ones too

Is there a single game on the DS this has happened to? It depends what type of censoring of course, Germany is as hystericaly prudish about blood and gore as the US is about nipples. I know that Japanese games are often toned down for the American market to omit things like references to homosexuality, cross dressing (only realised when I got it on the VC that in the US version of Bonks Adventure you can't turn into a cave girl), skimpy costumes, hot coffee style "carry-on" level sex references, anything that might offend the Bible Belts sensibilities (although of course gratuitous murder and violence is a-ok), but I've not noticed any kind of censoring of multi-euro games. If the Germans go particularly batshit crazy about the red stuff they tend to make a localised version for just them with green blood and robots/zombies in the place of people.

As for stuff like "color" most of the time they don't seem to bother localising the English part of the games anyway. We waited years for Animal Crossing to come out over here and still had to celebrate stuff like "Thanks giving" and "Labor day" in it
dry.gif

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Kent Brockman: "Remember kids, to fire a laser, you must charge it first."

laugh.gif

The writers are /b/tards!

cubin'

Trophies