Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ME0000864245_2.jpg
ME0000864243_2.jpg
ME0000864242_2.jpg

I know there was a few people looking forward to this.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, no clue what any of that text says. I can't read a single character of the language myself. Though kanji are considered more advanced, and some developers try not to use too many of them in games aimed at younger audiences. Like Phoenix Wright has a lot more than Pokemon.

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I know for the JAP version of Phantom Hourglass you can tap on the more complex looking words and the simplification will appear.

I wouldn't mind learning chinese if it had a game like this. haha.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it's called "furigana" and it is the hiragana of how to pronounce a specific kanji. It is useful for kids or if the person doesn't know Japanese, since they probably know the word, just not the symbol for it. And having the furigana allows them to "spell it out"

Slick McFavorite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering when this would show up.

The original KanKen DS was probably the best kanji practice tool released on the DS. This one looks like more of the same but with a dictionary you can use to look at information about individual kanji.

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome saw this game in the store, and then in a commercial! Im getting it for sure! 1st one was good but was lacking stroke count and what it looks like above for a dictionary like thing. For example if there was a new kanji introduced you had to just think of the stroke order yourself, sometimes was wrong sometimes was right. Really sucked for the one when you are given a stroke in the kanji and have to write which number it is and you dont know it properly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment