DS #1448: Race Driver: Create and Race (Europe)

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is saying the framerate is good, does this carry on to wi-fi and multi/singlecard play? JW. Gonna go download this now. It looks really damn dull, hoping the concept pulls me in like it did for some people already.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...This is an actual racing simulation game as opposed to just another arcadey racer. Something the DS badly needed. You really have to concentrate on the race or you'll never win. Let your concentration waver for even a second and you'll be saying hello to Mr. Wall....

That's awesome, dude, and I agree. I think we've got one too many arcade-style racers; it's nice to finally get an actual racing sim. The editor should prove to be a fair amount of fun, and it's also one of the few -- perhaps the only realistic -- racers to offer online racing. Not sure what those other dudes were thinkin', but online is where it's at for a game like this.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game sucks. Controls are horrible... they didn't even give you the option of setting your controls properly. You have 2 presets, and they both suck. The drifting is so oddly placed, why couldn't they put it on L/R like a normal racer? Urgh. A to move forward, B to break, and Y TO DRIFT? Also, the graphics are nice, but because of your camera angle the car takes up most of the screen. I tried the others, but there is no camera angle that gives you a good look at the track. Turns come at you so fast, and there's no way to see them beforehand, and with the odd handling, the game is a mess. If you're looking for something FUN, turn elsewhere. And it's not realistic -- cars usually, you know, turn when you steer to the left/right.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
It really is more of a simulator, like most PC racing games.. I prefer games like Mario Kart and FZero, so, for me the editor is more fun than the actual race.. hehe

There's a FZero game for the GBA with a Track Editor.. Nintendo should make a new one for the DS. The stylus works very well for stuff like this.

D

Deleted_11405

hey nice .. can remember toca/2 time ago on the pc ..the controls where tight i hope it has some of the same controls on ds.. when playing it against friends was pretty fun then we played tap-rap with each other bumber who got damaged loses. i still couldnt get a chance to bump it with my real car today :wtf:

gado

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

the menu ist ugly. The controls are bad, no buttons to set the angel of the camera, 4 buttons to watch behind you (WTF). The feeling of driving is good, but there are better games. I cant test the Wifi, there aren't player. But i think thats the best thing on the game.

The editor is good but not great. You need two touches to change a part. All Parts in the left menu are better for a faster build.

sjachie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What a disappointment, this game sucks real hard. The camera angle, the way you steer, braking. Too bad, now we just have to wait for zelda.

Is it possible that zelda gets dumped before its relkease date(is that usually the case with big releases like zelda)?

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after trying it for a minute, I really like it. It plays really smoothly, one complaint which probably my fault, is how the hell do you drift on turns. Bah, wish I could spend more time with this, gtg to class >.>

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game sucks monkey balls. First, it fcked up my sd card, and forced me to reformat it, and than when i played it, the controls sucked horrible. There were like 100 different buttons to change the view to the front. THE FRONT. What kind of racing game can be played from the front. And who is stupid enough to put the drift button on Y!!! Also, the turns are nearly impossible to do, and are only a little easier to when you drift, but drifting is impossible.

This game blows. 1/10

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
this game is great in my opinion. since ditching my psp (which has more and better simulation racers; with it's race driver, nascar & f1 games) i've been wanting a new portable sim racing fix, and is about as good as a simulation racer is ever going to get on the DS. huge variety in tracks and championships to battle my way through, then the amazing track editor and Nintendo WFC play will give this game endless life on my flash cart.

EDIT: and wtf are you people doing trying to drift in a sim racer? these are circuit race cars, not drift cars or rally cars... learn to break in time for the turns and take proper racing lines... this is not your need for speed or juiced. the hand brake is for last minute attempts to escape crashes with the wall to avoid damage... and that's it.

kaspal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
i just tried the rom of this (sorry, no stores in here deliver NDS games so fast), and i must say this game ROX!... damn, those ppl that are sayin this game sux and shit might learn how to drive in A RACER SIM! ... the very 1st 3 trax i tried, i won easily, since i've been palyin toca race driver for years now... so there were no surprises when i saw i had to hit the brakes when divising a corner... or better yet, watch the map on the touch screen and anticipate corners...

havent tried the track creation option, but i bet it rox. so for those that dont like the game, do yourselves a favor, go paly somethin else. for us, who are enjoyin the game, lets make a tourney any time soon.

EDIT: i've played some more, and all i can say is i like this game... but i hate the very few choices when it comes to camera view and the fact you cant really customize the controls... much. the rest?... out standing, just like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j