DigitalSilence

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Sims Fans,

I thought some of you might be interested to know, Nintendo World is hosting a My Sims Event tomorrow. They will be giving away My Sims trading cards, hooded sweatshirts, and raffling off free games. All systems in the store will feature My Sims for both DS and Wii.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never had to do the ARM7 fix to get it to run on my G6 Lite.

I just slapped on the Euro version and selected "trim rom". Worked first time...

Mekere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Globally, I founded the game kinda disappointing. It has some good points, but I really feel that it was tested but not played before the release.

Graphics:
Very cute and clean, you like it or not but the world is quite coherent.

Character creation:
You have a decent set of haircut, skin color, eye color and clothes, it's correct without being original. You can change that in the game too and buy new clothes at the tailor's shop. Little by little.

Controls:
You can use the touch screen or the buttons, both works quite nicely

NPC interaction:
It's really low, important NPC tells you what to do while tourists keep on complaining. You actually dont speak to them but you have a sort of mini game showing the actions you can make (like comforting, encouraging, laughing...) in a certain time. If you manage to reach the top love level during the required time, the tourist will be happy if not, he will be angry. In both case you wont be able to "speak" to him anymore for the day. You can give them some present too, it will raise their love level higher before "speaking" to them.

Mini games:
The mini games itself is not a bad idea, you can play various things and win some bronze/silver/gold medals for each activity. But there is a BIG problem, if you want to play a mini game, like making lei, you have to:
- Speak to the NPC
- Listen to her catchphrase
- Choose the option "Make a lei"
- Listening to the tutorial
- Chosing the difficulty level
And after all that you can play the mini game. And it's really really long but it's not the worse, fishing is. To fish you have to:
- Select fishing option
- Confirm you want to fish
- Select the fishing rod in your bag
- Validate your choice
Then you can fish... once. You have to confirm you want to fish each time and like the lei mini game it takes a lot of time, so it's really frustrating when the fish escape and you really feel you lost your time for nothing. :'(

The world:
Fairly big, you have the access to 8 zones (the city, your house, the highland...). You'll have to unlock theses zones and ameliorate them so that tourist begin to visit them. The world customisation is quite limited and you need to unlock the customisation from the NPC.

Housing:
This game is often compared to Animal crossing, well the housing part is very very very similar. You have a house, you pay a few to have a bigger one then you buy some furniture at the furniture shop. Some of the furniture are really similar at the one you can find in AC, I mean really similar, even the name. Putting the furniture in your house is easier than in AC. You have a map of the room and you can add, deplace or remove the furniture very easily, but it's not that easy to use the bed or the chair if the room is a little crowded.

Conclusion:
The game is not bad but the realisation is painful. You have to be really patient for everything and be able to read the same sentences over and over again. You can access all activity quite quickly (10 hours? maybe less) and now I dont know if I can say that's the endgame or not
huh.gif
I'm still playing AC one year after but I dont feel like I'm going to play My Sims much more. To my opinion, AC is way better in every way.

(Sorry for my poor english anyway, I'm still working to improve it
lecture.gif
)

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game is shit. It tries to be Animal Crossing buy fails on so many levels. It looks cheap and it feels cheap. AC had charm, this sucker has none.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.