Drug Wars DS help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hatchetball, Apr 29, 2011.

Apr 29, 2011

Drug Wars DS help by Hatchetball at 4:38 PM (1,145 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Hatchetball
    OP

Member Hatchetball GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey all. For a while now I've randomly played DrugWarsDS on my R4 (original, not clone) ...(WoodR4 firmware, latest)
    Last night I decided to do some research on it and it lead me to DragonMinded's site, where I found what I thought was a updated version.
    Not only was it not updated, but now I can no longer load DrugWarsDS, not even the one I originally had.
    IF, by chance, it lets me load the ROM - all I get is 2 solid black screens. Before it would simply load the game...
    Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Also, while I'm at it. Does anyone have any information on how to edit this homebrew? I don't have a way to contact DragonMinded but I want to update this game. Add in some new drugs, new cities, add in new countries for when you have a certain amount of money, add in a bodyguard system, add in some new sprites, edit the high price-outbreaks so that more than just Coke/Acid gets "busted" and people pay more for it, along with possibly adding in touch screen support insted of solely button based gameplay. (It needs a touchup, it is 5 years old after all...)
    I can prolly edit it with a Hex editor but I do not know the neccessary programs and really lack Hex editing knowledge.

Any help would be appriciated. Thank you for reading [​IMG]

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Back up your files, format the memory card, and go back to the old version.

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    No. You cant.

Things like that would require you to edit the source and recompile.
    And two of the main problems with that is, all of Dragonminded's stuff is old which means it needs an old (and relatively difficult to get) version of DevKitPro -or- to have the source updated which is a bit of a pain.

4. Hatchetball
    OP

United States
    I figured that much. Guess I will just stick with Ubuntu's Dopewars insted.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. slenkar

Newcomer slenkar Advanced Member

United States
    You meet a friend, he gives you 6 acid

6. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    This post is so incredibly pointless. Is there REALLY a point in reading something from a screenshot that EVERYONE can see?

7. Hatchetball
    OP

United States
    Yeah that is pretty freaking annoying as I'm still having issues with my R4, DopeWarsDS. (Thanks for the bump tho? I guess -.-)
    Even Panasonic formatted it and nothing, still same error. All that accomplished was wasting 45 minutes transferring data :/

Guess I should try redo'ing the entire firmware -.-

Any help would be nice.