Hacking Dropped DS now no power

eyeballs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my young lad dropped his ds from the sofa to the floor( about 1.5 to 2 feet) and now it wont power on, no flicker of lights or anything.
When I plug in the charger the orange light comes on but still wont power on.
I'm of the opinion its something small, so I came here to see if anyone has any ideas before I open the ds up.
Thanks

eyeballs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zhuzhuchina said:
if you connect the charger, and red orange light only 1 sec and after all off, maybe is the fuse blown, you have to sold it shortcut it
When I connect the charger the red/orange light stays on until I remove the charger so maybe the fuse is ok.

QUOTE(tattar8 @ Feb 26 2010, 05:15 PM) Probably the L2 resistor broke off. Solder the two contacts back together; it's right under the power switch
Is there any where I can get a picture of this resistor so I know what I'm looking for?

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
eyeballs said:
my young lad dropped his ds from the sofa to the floor( about 1.5 to 2 feet) and now it wont power on, no flicker of lights or anything.
I'm of the opinion its something small, so I came here to see if anyone has any ideas before I open the ds up.
Thanks

Mathematically speaking, your NDS is spoiled ...
Imagine how it would be if it fell from 50 to 100 feet!?
unsure.gif

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
amaro said:
eyeballs said:
Thanks

unsure.gif
it'd be smashed to bits and would never turn on again
tongue.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
amaro said:
eyeballs said:
Thanks

unsure.gif
That made no sense...

Mathmatically dead, what's mathmatical about it being dropped and not turning on?
mellow.gif

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the battery is not inserted in a DS Lite, the charging light will only come on for a second and go back off. If F1 fuse is blown (from my experience) the DS will turn on and play from the battery but will not charge (no charging light at all). I have no experience with F2 being blown but I think I can rule out the battery and F1, although there are a few different board designs for a DS lite so I may be wrong. However in my situation, this is what my DS did.

If the screens flash but go right back off it's most likely a problem with the ribbon cable or it's connection.

These sites are both pretty helpful if you want to troubleshoot it.

General question and answer:

http://www.fixya.com/support/p618511-ninte...ds_lite_console

For more info on the fuses:

http://m3wiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_DS_Li...28blown_fuse%29

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...