Driver updater apps, do the work?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by TrolleyDave, Apr 25, 2009.

1. TrolleyDave
    OP

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I got my machine second hand ages ago and it didn't come with any driver disks or anything. I checkd the motherboard and all that and installed what I thought was the right drivers (it wouldn't work at all otherwise would it?) but do any of these apps like Driver Magician and Driver Wizard work? It'd be nice if I could just run an app that scanned my setup and checked that all the drivers are correct and up to date. I'm a bit shady about actually running one just in case it fucks my system up but if others have run them and they worked I'll give it a shot.

On another note I've been searching for a XP driver for a Belkin Wireless G PCI card (ver 7021uk) but not had any luck. The Belkin homepage doesn't have them. Is there a good site that anyone can recommend where I might be able to find them?

2. Lee79

Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
  3. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    They do work. I used one (Uniblue driver scanner) to update everything it could find and the computer works a bit better now. My internet connection is more stable at the very least.

4. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Cheers mate, I'll give that one a try now.

5. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
  6. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Cheers, they worked perfectly!