scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Windows 7 is giving me a real pain the past couple of weeks. Couple of BSOD's, and now it says my NVidea drivers are corrupted, and the screen just turned black, and some programs (like all windows live programs) have got big black lines across the screen, and I'm unable to close them.
Also, my internet connection sometimes just switches off on W7, and I have to disconnect my router and modem. It's usually when messenger, WL mail and a lot of other internet stuff are open at the same time. I think it's W7, because the XP computer upstairs, which is on the same network, can still access the internet, and both of our W7 computers can't.
Any help is appreciated. Updating drivers isn't possible at this time, because I haven't got access to the admin account.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem is more your hardware. I'm going to guess that your Video card is dying (causing the problems) or possibly a bad harddrive (causing the driver corruption).

I would first try to narrow down where the problem(s) are originating from.
Using PassMark's Burn In Test you can run your hardware through some tests that will find if anything is failing.

The internet problem could be related to an above problem.
You should also look into getting Admin access...

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think my videocard is dying yet, because my pc is only half a year old. I'll run that test as soon as I get home from school.
about the admin access ,my dad blocked it for some stupid reason. So that will be hard to get changed.

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've run the BurnIn test, and I got no errors. Passed on every point. Only 1 disk (Q, which has no space and isn't used, but part of the HDD) gave an error. Event log was also clean.
So what could it be? I've updated my drivers couple of weeks back, and didn't have any problems back then.
EDIT: forgot to mention:
These errors with windows and my other BSOD's happend when my pc was on a very heavy load (RAM 80-85%, cpu 75% min. and so on) like when I'm converting, gaming and I've got some school programs open as well. BSOD error code was usually 0x00007e, and my computer started making weird noises, which were not BIOS beeps.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
I've run the BurnIn test, and I got no errors. Passed on every point. Only 1 disk (Q, which has no space and isn't used, but part of the HDD) gave an error. Event log was also clean.
So what could it be? I've updated my drivers couple of weeks back, and didn't have any problems back then.
These errors with windows and my other BSOD's happend when my pc was on a very heavy load (RAM 80-85%, cpu 75% min. and so on) like when I'm converting, gaming and I've got some school programs open as well. BSOD error code was usually 0x00007e, and my computer started making weird noises, which were not BIOS beeps.
Possibly memory. Try memtest. The easiest way is the pre-built USB image. Boot from the USB and let it run.

It could also be heat stress on the motherboard exposing a dry solder connection or a void under a BGA which is just a dry solder joint anyway.

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
Yeah... I'm going to say it's the RAM.

I too would suggest Memtest86+, like Mantis.

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
memtest came out clean as well... I'm thinking about returning the PC to the manufacturer, but packard bell is giving me a hard time with the warranty and stuff.
I dunno of this helps, but these are my pc's specs:
Intel core i3 530 2.93Ghz
4gb DDR3 RAM (unknown brand)
Nvidia G315 512mb
540gb HDD (says 640gb on the box, but nevermind)made by western digital
Realtek PCIe GBE family controller (100mb/s) network adapter

If any more information is needed, just let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.