Dreamcast saving without a VMU?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by 2dere, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008

Dreamcast saving without a VMU? by 2dere at 11:26 AM (1,132 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. 2dere
    OP

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    After years of not having a Dreamcast of my own. all that will change this friday (two days away.) One of the many games I have for it is PSO and I don't currently have a VMU for it. Now I can get one, well more than one for the same price. One the typical ugly grey and other a nice green. Grey I can have arrive in two days. The green will take probably more than a week ( I just want the green one more.). Now I know just how absolutely keen I'm going to be to play all my games I've bought And I'm wondering if holding off for the prettier colour will put me out off action for a couple of days. If it was anything like the ps1/2 when it comes to saving, or lack of it with an external unit I know I'll be out of action till my VMU arrives. So I'm just double checking here.

2. AndreXL

Member AndreXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    I don't really remember the Dreamcast having an internal save storage
    You will need that VMU.

3. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    The dreamcast was an amazing system I just wish it had done better [​IMG]

On topic: Yea you will need the VMU

4. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    You need the VMU.
    Also I heard that you can get more blocks out of the VMU by downloading special softwar, burning it to a CD and playing it on your Dreamcast (since Dreamcast has an exploit used for homebrew and 'backups' you don't need a modchip or anything like that [​IMG])
    Theres extra blocks on the VMU in case SEGA updated the firmware on the VMU (if you don't know, the VMU plays small games)