Gaming Dream Team Update Question

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an update to Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Apparently the update fixes a couple glitches. My question is will activating wifi and subsequently downloading the game update put me in any risk of updating my pre-4.5 firmware through some sort of automatic update. Or does any update that take place to firmware require user approval. Thanks.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You won't be able to download the update because you're on an earlier firmware, it will simply error and prompt that you'll need to update to download the update. It wouldn't automatically make you update.

The update itself is only for Miiverse anyway, it patched an exploit that allowed you to submit any image in screenshots.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...bug_allows_miiverse_image_posting_shenanigans
When players without the patch discovered they could do this, screenshots were disabled on the Miiverse community altogether.

You don't need the update.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to download the update because you're on an earlier firmware, it will simply error and prompt that you'll need to update to download the update. It wouldn't automatically make you update.

The update itself is only for Miiverse anyway, it patched an exploit that allowed you to submit any image in screenshots.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...bug_allows_miiverse_image_posting_shenanigans
When players without the patch discovered they could do this, screenshots were disabled on the Miiverse community altogether.

You don't need the update.

Really? I did some research and some people were stating there were glitch fixes in gameplay. is it possible the update fixes issues besides screenshots.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The patch also fixed some random crashes related to something I can't remember, and fixed a problem with one of the giant battle's gyroscope which would lead you to not being able to move at all sometimes.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch also fixed some random crashes related to something I can't remember, and fixed a problem with one of the giant battle's gyroscope which would lead you to not being able to move at all sometimes.

Is it possible to somehow download the patch to my computer and transfer it to the SD card for installation? I don't wanna risk updating my system firmware from pre-4.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM