Hacking Dragon's Crown PS3 (U) Save Editing / Items

Create a save patch with boosted equips for all 6 characters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vidness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arg, the update that came out last night changed some things. It now goes through your savegame and normalizes all the items with a 'max' on what they can be. So item degradation max is now 50%. But anyhoo, we should compare notes! :)

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,
I've been out cold for a while, but I'll ignore my life and push for the alpha in the next 2 days and get 'something' going. Despite the limits introduced in the new patch, the editor should allow you to get desirable affixes with any value of your choice.

Can someone get me the missing data for the chart at #174? The item finder can help this.

Progress: Now we have clickable character icons, but I have little clue on determining the character class, so I provided a generic icon. Also, the bag tabs have yet to be populated.

example.png

Any questions - please ask.

Reactions: Jaden0707

peekatpanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for doing this, I can't get any of the save patches to work on 1.02 plus i don't see any DC specific tutorials to get started in english lol

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save patch won't do much in 1.02 as they've capped the limit on most of the affixes. Looking for the save editor to do some trials.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's 1.03 now and I'm investigating whether changes to addresses in the saves were made, and adjusting the editor as necessary.
I kept making promises but it seems these game developers and publishers are pushing me back wherever I go - every game I hack!

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for doing this, I can't get any of the save patches to work on 1.02 plus i don't see any DC specific tutorials to get started in english lol
Can you describe your experience? What cheats you used; what things changed and didn't; got a corrupt save; or what?

Damian Lao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All.

Mad props to the thread creators and contributors on this project. I know you all must be bummed out after yet another patch for this game was released, but after thinking about it for a while I was wondering where we are at with modifying the "Seal of the Conqueror". Why the Seal? From what I have read about it, this item gives you an all around buff to your character in a ratio proportional to your LoC clearance. This poses 2 problems:

1. How do you remove the infernal only restriction on the item? Is the text describing the restriction translated into a line of code within the item, or is it a false positive because, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the difficulty settings also limit caps on affix bonuses. E.G. +2bil % DMG doesn't make you do 99,999 on normal because it violates normal's cap on affix bonuses

2. Can the bonus itself be edited or does it use a variable like Floors Cleared then translates that into a % bonus? I have read that clearing all 99 floors with a 99 character on infernal provides about a 15% buff. Can this be exploited/ go above 15%?

EDIT: sorry forgot to include the Seal data provided by your item finder app, I forgot it counts as a consumable; which is also interesting because its providing a passive effect.

Consumable

cc: FF

num0: FF

bb: 00

aa: 00

num1: 00

num2: 00

num3: 01

num4: FF

zzzz: 00-00-00-00

yyyy: 00-00-00-00

xx: 38-0C

Effect1: 02-0A-00-00-42-C8-00-00

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Damian,
You used the right tool for the job, and I did too. To compare, my item looks like
Seal of the Conqueror (Lv54)
cc: FF
num0: FF
bb: 00
aa: 00
num1: 00
num2: 00
num3: 01
num4: FF
zzzz: 00-00-01-2C
yyyy: 00-00-01-2C
xx: 38-0C
Effect1: 02-0A-00-00-42-C8-00-00

The difference between our items is the zzzz/yyyy value (bold) - which is commonly used as Restock Amount for potions, rings, and scrolls. If I were so bold, I would edit this.
How many LoC floors have you cleared? I cleared 54 floors.
I cannot initially see why it's restricted to infernal, but it is. It must be one of those pieces of data. The effect intensity is, "01 2C". The bonus effect is, "Effect1".

The straight answer is, and I'm afraid, that game mechanics have jurisdiction over item effects - not us. CPU editing (ollydbg can do this) is different than Memory editing (Cheat Engine) is different than Save editing (this). I can explain these if you like.

Damian Lao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Loc,
I have cleared 11 floors of LoC with the character the item is on. I was afraid that the coding for the restriction was embedded in the game code, not the save file. Oh well, normal and hard are easy enough, its infernal LoC I'm struggling with.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought about the difference between my SotC and another from Damian. 42-c8 doesn't explain much. 02-0a tells me it gives the Sotc effect. But I'm interested in the 01-2c value. I believe the value for Floors Cleared is saved somewhere.

We all know that patches 1.02+ introduce caps on affix bonuses. If you've cheated but then updated, the game will cap your modifications to the intended amount. This behaviour presents a new exploit: If you modify your save now and use 64-00 for the affix value, it won't be an insane 2bil, but it will be capped. What you'll see in your save is the true capped value (43-c8, 42-c8, or even 64-00). I know - it's a neat discovery born from a lame problem... However, I believe it can accelerate the app development by allowing me to skip research on effect caps. I would simple use the blanket solution, 64-00.

Damian Lao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in hex 01 = 1 and 2c = 44. 44 + a tens place 1 would give 54, which is the number of levels you have cleared. However that does not explain why i have 0's and have cleared 11 floors.

EDIT:

Here is a screenshot of my save data where the item appears in the save, could you tell me where the 00-00-00-00 in my y and z values are located in this data? I only see one string of 0's that is 4 bytes long.

Also I am on ps3 using version 1.03.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well in hex 01 = 1 and 2c = 44. 44 + a tens place 1 would give 54, which is the number of levels you have cleared. However that does not explain why i have 0's and have cleared 11 floors.
That's because of an error in your calculation.
12C is 300,
lovely number 3E7 is 999,
max value 2-bytes, FFFF, is 65535,
max value 4-bytes, FFFFFFFF, is 4,294,967,295, same as max uint32.
05F5E0FF is 99,999,999, like in the save patches.

You don't add 'tens places' like pencil-and-paper decimal math. It's hex math, so there is a certain nuance in play. After 0-9 is A-F, (add 1 to next digit), and back to 0-9. Your result of 54 was a coincidence. The scope of the data type in question is 4-bytes, [0000012c] in the calculator, so I'd convert to decimal from there.

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate to bump an oldish topic, but I've been following this and am wondering if there has been any development with the app recently?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer