dragonQuest 9 Situational Assistance

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Dr Awesomo, Aug 16, 2010.

Aug 16, 2010
  1. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Newcomer Dr Awesomo Advanced Member

Canada
    Soo...get this...

I recently revocated my Character in DQ9 to a warrior, as I wanted to train him and build up my Courage Tree. Currently level 20, I went to Basureg with a Miracle sword and some pretty decent gear, and I did so alone, as to level faster.

Firt battle i run into, 2 Swinoceros, and 2 Treevils. Easy, I thought, but there's a problem i didn't foresee...

My character is strong enough to kill 1 enemy per turn, however, no matter which one i kill, one of the teevils use a Yggdrasil Leaf to bring the fallen back to life. I think i've killed forty swinoceros, and at least 20 Treevils, and if i can win, I'm in for a whole s***-load of exp.
    I have no spells, and no multihit skills, just a sword that grants me an unlimited supply of life, and a high enough defense as to render all feeble attempts to attack me as a mere 1 atk point. I'm set...just stuck

So, here's my question: Can NPC's, such as Treevils, run out of items, such as Yggdrasil leaves?

2. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Do you have any items to hit groups or all enemies when used in battle? If not, then just keep chipping away, and maybe you'll get a break and just completely wipe the floor without them rezzing again.

3. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Newcomer Dr Awesomo Advanced Member

Canada
    Well actually, now that you mention it, I have a Fire Sword...

Just swapped my equipment to that, and used it as an item. Worked like a charm, thanks mate [​IMG]