Gaming Dragon Quest XI Save File Request

PeregrineX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've been playing the game on PC and just bought a Nintendo Switch and would like to pick up at about the same spot. I'm just done fighting Gyldigga so if anyone has a save right before or after that I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all,

I've been playing the game on PC and just bought a Nintendo Switch and would like to pick up at about the same spot. I'm just done fighting Gyldigga so if anyone has a save right before or after that I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Not sure if this works at all, but I found a GBAtemp thread that discusses it, and somebody made a script that make it possible to manually convert the save

If you want to check out the differences, I've attached my encryption/decryption tool. I've also attached the source code. This tool does not fix the checksum on the save, but when I have more time, I can update it.

Edit 1 (10-29-19):
I've updated the tool to get the checksum. You still have to fix it yourself.

Code:
Switch checksum location:
File Size - 0x0c

PC checksum location:
0x04

Make sure to pick the correct platform for your save or it will not work since the keys are different.

1) Decrypt the save
2) Click "Get Checksum" and choose the decrypted save
3) A message box will pop up with the checksum, write it down.
4) In a hex editor replace what you were given, in the message box, and replace it at the address provided. (PC = 0x04, Switch = File size - 0xc)
5) Encrypt the save

PeregrineX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Though it looks like this is more of a decryption based off the thread. In that thread it doesn't seem like someone was able to actually convert if I'm understanding correctly.

Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you. Though it looks like this is more of a decryption based off the thread. In that thread it doesn't seem like someone was able to actually convert if I'm understanding correctly.
Happy to help. Yeah, I know, that's why I said I wasn't sure if it would work or not. In either case, I figured it was worth a try, but I only have the game for switch, so I couldn't test before replying. I hope you figure it out, and sorry I couldn't be of more help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just my memorize all the words on chat +1