Ombre90

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
i've just test your pack, it's awesome and work very well^^
Thanks a lot for your work.
I just have a little problem with outline on character, they seem like buggy.

kupo-on-gbatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
i've just test your pack, it's awesome and work very well^^
Thanks a lot for your work.
I just have a little problem with outline on character, they seem like buggy.

Hi, glad that you like it. Can you post a screenshot of your problem? I'm not sure, what you mean :unsure:

kupo-on-gbatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Small update (v0.9.5.2)

• Three missing icon textures added (from recipes which you can find in certain locations)
  • A texture with transparency issues in the intro area has been fixed
  • Symlink script has been updated
  • Optional widescreen textures added

Comparison screenshots from 4:3 vs. 16:9 :

4:3 AR16:9 AR without widescreen-textures16:9 AR with widescreen-textures
1a.png1b.png1c.png
2a.png2b.png2c.png
3a.png3b.png3c.png

The icon slots and the items in these slots don't have the AR which they have in 4:3. They are a slightly wider. This is intended.
Instead of shrinking the width by 75%, I went with 85%, because the space between the columns becomes really big otherwise (looked a bit odd to me). Also the item slots felt a bit small in relation to the font, which apart from some words which have its own textures sadly can't be changed. Making the letters thinner would end in more space between the letters. Only option that I can think of is increasing the height of the letters to make them look thinner, but not sure if a bigger font is really desirable.

As always remove your old texture folder before updating.

Note: If you have enough RAM (16 GB), you can from now on enable the Precache textures setting in pcsx2. This one didn't work for a long time but now seems to be fixed. This setting prevents textures from loading too slowly, which is particularly noticeable with widescreen textures due to the different aspect ratio.

DragonQuestVIII-JourneyoftheCursedKing_SLES-53974_20240125001033-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-conver...gif
(for a short time the old texture is still visable)

Last edited by kupo-on-gbatem,

kupo-on-gbatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Updated to v0.9.6

• Some menus still had the old font. Now everything should have the new one.
  • Some small improvements in the UI (as justifying HP/MP bars or the scroll bar, these are by default not 100% in line, now they are, Reminder to myself: Need to check, how this PR will change the alignment, once it is merged)
  • Added more widescreen textures
  • Fixed some glitchy trees on Savella Island from bird view
  • Updated textures from the worst looking places (i.a. entry to Ascantha, Pickham, Trodain and a cutscene in Maella Abbey)
  • Symlink Script updated (added new textures, fixed false positives)
  • Updated screenshots in the first post (didn't expect the UI to look so much better in 4k lol)

6a.png6b.png
10a.png10b.png
12a.png12b.png
19a.png19b.png
20a.png20b.png

As always remove your old texture folder before updating.

Plans for v0.9.7:
The entries to Ascantha, Pickham and Trodain were the ugliest places (as far as I can remember), because these textures were tilesets in incredible low resolution. After these are done, I will next go through all cutscenes, because the camera often zooms in there, which makes textures look very blurry and the benefit of high res textures in these spots should be the biggest of all remaining textures.

Last edited by kupo-on-gbatem,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: