Dragon Quest V problem

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by demitrius, Sep 12, 2010.

Sep 12, 2010

Dragon Quest V problem by demitrius at 8:50 AM (1,839 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. demitrius
    OP

Member demitrius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here is my story. I am playing the (E) version of Dragon Quest V (Bahamut).

Originally, I had played up to the point where you had to get married. No problems. Unfortunately, when I tried to save, the game locked up while saving. You know what happens next. My save got corrupted and "deleted" on reload.

Fine, so I discover my quick save is still there. So I use that and grind my way up to Abovitall Tower (early on, way before marriage). Unfortunately again, when I try to get to the third floor (the floor above the huge opening in the middle), the game black screens and I can't do anything.

Frustrated, I try to load the save in DsEmuMe, and get to the same spot. BLACK SCREEN.

So I nuke the save period, and start fresh. M3 creates the save (Creating Saver...), and I'm on my way.

After MORE grinding, I make it back to Abovitall Tower, and ONCE AGAIN the game black screens on the same two sets of staircases.

Why is this happening? Is it AP? Is it my SDHC card? Why did it let me pass before, but now suddenly it simply REFUSES to let me pass?

Here is my save, if you'd like to try for yourself. If you can get the Ra's Mirror in Abovitall Tower, please tell me what you did. I am using an M3 DS Real on the latest Touchpod firmware. I really want to finish this game before DQ6 is released, so if anyone can help that would be A+ awesome.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9DCZPTT2

2. Black_Knight_666

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I tried it in no$gba 2.6a and it gets past it without a problem :s

3. demitrius
    OP

United States
    Ok, so the save works in DeSmuME. Great. So I create a quick-save immediately past the staircase. I convert my save back for the M3.

When I try to load the quick-save on the M3, it BLACK SCREENS and will not load. But when I load my hard save (at the church) IT LOADS FINE.

Is my M3 crapping out? This is boggling my mind.

4. demitrius
    OP

United States
    Ok so I swapped to the (U) rom and everything is loading fine (saves are inter-changable apparently). I think I just popped a blood vessel. Time to start buying more legit games if I have to deal with this any more.