Dragon Quest Monsters

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Dr. Dew, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Dr. Dew
    OP

Dr. Dew GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2015
    Sudan
    Khartoum
    Is it worth playing the DQ Monsters games for 3DS? I have played every DQ mainline game except
    for X. Japanese isn't a problem for me, but I do want to know from someone who has played the
    monsters series, if they are likable if I enjoy the main series titles.

2. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    If you are running Homebrew then try the original GameBoy version of the game and just see if the gameplay itself interests you.

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying the 3DS version is the same as the Gameboy Version. It will just give a general idea.

Dr. Dew likes this.
  3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    A better idea would be to play Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 for the DS. It's a much more recent game (the most recent DQM game that has come to the west) and if I remember correctly, the 3DS games incorporated its gameplay, so there won't be huge jumps in gameplay.

I personally love the DQM series, even more than the main series. It has the same kind of corny humor, but instead of making monster fighting a mini-game like in the main series, it's the whole game (plus breeding and whatnot). You'll never know if you like it until you actually try it, so go ahead.

Dr. Dew and Xenosaiga like this.
  4. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    I like the idea, but I was just giving a ""free"" alternative that would give a general idea.

My idea just doesn't have the same visuals.

Also, look up the game on YouTube. You can always watch "First 15 minute" videos to see if you will like.

Dr. Dew likes this.