Hacking Dragon Quest IX problem

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this on the games forum but I figured maybe someone would know here: I am having a problem with Dragon Quest IX on AKAIO 1.89z and the newest loaders: when I put the DSi in sleep mode for Tag Mode, the DSi often turns off in 15 minutes or so. (Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, with no rhyme or reason.)

Has anyone else ran into this problem? (Or similar problems with other games?)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this only happens with this 1 rom?
have you verified it by CRC against a known goodset listing?
have you reformatted your msd card using the panasonic formatter?
have you tried you card in another dsi to make sure it isn't your dsi that is the issue?
have you tried another card in your dsi?
have you tried a retail game in your dsi?

without proper debugging steps no one can really begin to help you. we don't have your dsi, your card, your msd, nor are we familiar with how you set it up, how much use it gets, etc.

-another world

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your point? The *purpose of this post* is to gather information for the bug report, since one of the steps is to try reproducing it on another Acecard and to ask on gbatemp.net if necessary.

You basically just told me that I have to have all the information for the bug report before I can gather the information for the bug report.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
The point of another world's post is to see if *your* problem is with a) the game, b) your DSi, c) your flashcart, or d) your memory card. When you go to the doctor, you just don't say "I'm not feeling well" and expect the doctor to know exactly what you're talking about.

You put your opening post on akaio.net and you might get ripped a new one.

Reactions: 1 person

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll repeat: you're telling me I must have the information about the problem before I can gather information about the problem. The whole point of asking this question is to *find out if the problem still exists when one of those things is changed*. akaio.net's FAQ even *says* to ask on gbatemp.net if you don't have another Acekard. Obviously, I am not going to know if the problem exists with another Acekard when my question is *asking* other people whether they can reproduce the problem with another Acekard.

I didn't say "I'm not feeling well." This is more like having the doctor tell me "take this pill" and then being chewed out by the pharmacist because I tried to buy the pill before I followed the doctor's instructions, even though I can't follow the instructions until he sells me the pill.

(Or are you demanding that I retrieve this information in a specific order, so that I can't find out if the problem exists with another Acekard before I determine everything else?)

Wanderman_Trigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've run in to this problem too and couldn't figger it out even when the only thing on my ak2i's 16gb class2(kingston)msd was the akaio1.8.9z/game/.sav .
i think it's (1.) a msd read error (2.) a compattabilety problem OR (3.) a DSi/dsi-inhansed game in dsMode problem.

the game's hotel (online) shop has same problem every one-in-awile

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll repeat: you're telling me I must have the information about the problem before I can gather information about the problem.
No I'm not. What have you done to determine what the problem is? Nothing. You haven't even started to try to troubleshoot. You haven't gathered any info about your problem.

The whole point of asking this question is to *find out if the problem still exists when one of those things is changed*. akaio.net's FAQ even *says* to ask on gbatemp.net if you don't have another Acekard. Obviously, I am not going to know if the problem exists with another Acekard when my question is *asking* other people whether they can reproduce the problem with another Acekard.
Why should I help you when you haven't done anything to help yourself? And, you know, the purpose of your two posts are not to gather info for bug report. All you've done is say, "Hey, I got this problem. You got this problem?" Have you changed anything? Did you try any of the other 13 steps before asking users here to try to help you? Reading your first post says you didn't.

I didn't say "I'm not feeling well." This is more like having the doctor tell me "take this pill" and then being chewed out by the pharmacist because I tried to buy the pill before I followed the doctor's instructions, even though I can't follow the instructions until he sells me the pill.
No, what you've done is say "someone help me because I'm too lazy to help myself". Or better yet, you've complained to someone that you're sick. When someone answers, "go to the doctor", your reply is, "let's see who else is sick".

(Or are you demanding that I retrieve this information in a specific order, so that I can't find out if the problem exists with another Acekard before I determine everything else?)
Demanding, no. Asking you do some of your own work, yes. One highly respected member of gbatemp has offered you some things that you might want to see might be causing the problem. Have you done those steps yet? Still sounds like you haven't attempted anything.

Have you even read the requirements for a bug report on akaio.net? Here's the list:
Game Title:
Game System:
Release Number:
Firmware version:
Loader version:
Acekard type:
Acekard HWID:
Anti-Piracy byPass:
ROM Settings:
EZ 3in1 Version:
Description of problem:
Steps to reproduce:
Debugged:
Other:

Here's a thread about someone who couldn't debug correctly.
Spoiler: Here's the list of questions that he/she didn't even try to answer. Granted some of the questions might not met your specific problem and some of them might not even apply and some might be outdated. YMMV. PS: #14 is your "ask on gbatemp.net if you don't have another Acekard".
Fimrware/ROMs:

• Format your microSD using the Panasonic Formatter
• Follow the AKAIO installation quick guide (found at the AKAIO WIKI)
• Delete the optionlist.bin
• Delete the globalsettings.ini
• Update AKAIO/Loaders
• Try older AKAIO loaders
• Try the official loader
• Try different DMA modes
• Try the ROM with patches (soft-reset, cheats, etc) turned off
• Try other dumps of a ROM (including regions, not just another hosting site)
• Try older/newer versions of Homebrew
• Verify a ROM by CRC so you know it’s clean, unpatched, unhacked, not trimmed, etc
• Try your Acekard on another NDS
• Try another Acekard (ie: AK2i, AK 2.1,R.P.G.) or contact users at GBATemp.net to test for you.
• Try a retail game in your NDS
• Try another microSD in your Acekard
• Delete and replace files, windows 2k+ drag/drop may append and not overwrite
• Read the “readme” files included with homebrew
• Research the common problems with your Acekard
• 3in1 problems, try GBA Exploader and GBALdr. If one of those works, your problem is solved.
• Delete and replace files, windows 2k+ drag/drop may append and not overwrite
• Make use of the vast amount of information found at GBATemp’s Acekard forum.
• Try manually setting the save size (especially for R.P.G. issues).

Look, I'm not trying to slam you, but you should try at least to try to solve some of your own problems. I'll be one of the first people to help you. Let me know when you've done some of your own troubleshooting.

Just even searching Google shows that perhaps it's a DSi thing and not a Acekard/AKAIO thing. A couple of hits on the first page mentions other retail games.

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, what you've done is say "someone help me because I'm too lazy to help myself". Or better yet, you've complained to someone that you're sick. When someone answers, "go to the doctor", your reply is, "let's see who else is sick".

If the doctor told me "see if anyone else is sick before coming to me", saying "let's see who else is sick" would absolutely be a correct reply (although the analogy breaks down since doctors don't do that).

Have you even read the requirements for a bug report on akaio.net?

Of course I read the requirements. One of the requirements is that I reproduce it using another Acekard and go to gbatemp.net if I can't do that myself. Since I don't have another Acekard I can't do it myself, so I had to come here.

Here's the list of questions that he/she didn't even try to answer.

• Try another Acekard (ie: AK2i, AK 2.1,R.P.G.) or contact users at GBATemp.net to test for you.

Why are you getting so upset when I'm asking users to test for me when it says right there that that's what I should do? (Unless you only want me to execute the steps in a certain order)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

Why are you getting so upset when I'm asking users to test for me when it says right there that that's what I should do? (Unless you only want me to execute the steps in a certain order)

you are continually missing the point. are you being an asshole on purpose or do you really not understand the point we are making?

i'm happy to help you debug, which is why i asked you for more information. instead of providing it you attacked me. how is that helping you to get to the bottom of your problem?

lots of people have lots of different problems. most of which boil down to a corrupted msd card or a contact issue. no one person is going to be able to replicate your problem because DQIX was fixed a long time ago.

answering my original questions would have eliminated some of the debugging steps. such as is the rom a good dump, is the rom corrupted, is the msd corrupted, is the dsi at fault, is the ak2i at fault.

stop trying to solve the issue by asking others if they have a similar issue. you'll just end up with a bunch of people responding "yes i do" and in the end nothing will be solved.

-another world

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm happy to help you debug, which is why i asked you for more information. instead of providing it you attacked me.

The tone of your post was far from being happy to do anything. It was more like "how dare you ask me to help you when you haven't even provided the basic information needed to help you. You're totally clueless or you'd have given me information useful in helping solve your problem".

I gave you all the information you needed to help me with what I had actually asked for help with. If you wanted to help me with something else and the information wasn't enough for that, then fine, but don't go spinning that as cluelessness. That's why I "attacked" you; you attacked me.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
that's on you for assuming while using your magical ability to read the "tone" from text. i typed to the point, posted what questions needed answering, and stated the reason why they were asked; IE: we need this info because no one can help you debug without it.

i'm actually the furthest form clueless. i've been beta testing akaio since v1.2. i talk to normmatt and smiths on a daily basis. i helped establish the rule set on akaio.net that you are quoting. i am the founder of #acekard on the gbatemp irc network. i wrote 85% of the akaio wiki. i own (more than 1) of each acekard released. i am the one who would have been the most help to you and you've just burned that bridge.

enjoy your brown rice, i'm done with this thread.

-another world

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
If the doctor told me "see if anyone else is sick before coming to me", saying "let's see who else is sick" would absolutely be a correct reply (although the analogy breaks down since doctors don't do that).

If you want to stick with the doctor analogy then let's do so. If, I being your doctor, see you the patient, I would ask what's wrong. Your reply, currently, is, "I don't know". Why would I ask you about your neighbors? If you have a sore throat, do you ask all your neighbors if they have sore throats too? And even if one does have a sore throat, it doesn't mean that they have the same problem. What if one is allergic to cottonwood pollen, one has a cold, one swallowed a chunk of ice, and one went to a concert and screamed all night?

Of course I read the requirements. One of the requirements is that I reproduce it using another Acekard and go to gbatemp.net if I can't do that myself. Since I don't have another Acekard I can't do it myself, so I had to come here.
{Bolding added} Great! What are the other requirements? Have you started on any of those?

Here's the list of questions that he/she didn't even try to answer.

I'm not getting upset. I'm pointing out that you have not done anything to determine if you or your stuff is the problem. You're the one getting upset that no one is helping you to find what is wrong with your system.

Again, what have you done to determine what your problem might be?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
You know what, screw it. Don't answer, I won't care what your reply is. I'm on the same path that Another World is taking, although a few steps behind. I was writing my reply last night and didn't get back to post it until now.

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're the one getting upset that no one is helping you to find what is wrong with your system.

I don't want people to help me "find what is wrong with my system". I just want them to help me with one specific thing: I want to find out if the problem happens to them. It's not a general request for help with everything. If you want to help me with everything, then fine, but that's not my goal here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...