Dragon Nest

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Youkai, Aug 24, 2011.

Aug 24, 2011

Dragon Nest by Youkai at 8:27 PM (1,099 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hi there,
    anyone playing Dragon Nest ?

Its a really nice game even thaught it might take some more time for US and Global/SEA version to stabilize and get some more contents.
    Action Based "MMO"rpg instance based with an open Town.
    I think its worth playing even thaught there are still some problems yet and not that much content. (US version seems to have some more content than SEA already)

[youtube]Fi18VSNuls4[/youtube]

NA:
    http://dragonnest.nexon.net/

Global/SEA:
    http://dn.cherrycredits.com/

2. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    looks awesome. too bad i don't play mmos anymore.
    also, it's still on obt...

3. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I'm playing SEA.
    Lvl 4 Warrior, haven't played a lot since I've been downloading a lot of stuff and playing a lot of stuff too.

I'm PandaIkki if anyone's interested.

4. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany

yeah both version are still in beta as far as i know.
    but open beta = no chara whipe

I have a on SEA currently max level Swordmaster (24) and a lvl 20 Paladin.
    Till 24 it really does not take much time thats why many ppl are hoping to get new content soon, still its a good game especially playing with friends (4ppl in one group are max)

5. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    how's the leveling system ?
    how long did it take for you to reach 24 since you say it is max ?

i might consider playing the NA one .

6. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well I as a non hardcore no life freak did need 4 days till level 24, some other people were complaining after ~24 hours after beta started that they reached level 24 already.

There are even on 23 "sidequests" that give around 20% exp for one run which takes 4-10 minutes

If you go for the story without running a level all over again doing the repeatable board quests it takes a little bit but well still game is fun (even thaught soloing to much might become little bit tiresome if you repeat levels to often [i have 4 charas on 16+])

7. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    Eh, Nexon games seem to bore me quite a lot. [​IMG] Maybe I'll give this a try sometime though.

8. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    I don't know, I kinda stopped playing mmos. I mostly play games like TF2 or Terraria most of the time.

Maybe I'll try this out.

9. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Game got boring. Real fast.
    Even faster than Vindictus did.

10. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    well, if it's obt, it's bound to be boring at some point.

11. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I am playing the NA version, Retrias on Gerrant. It is buggy as hell though on NA at least

12. Splych

Philippines
    playing it with a few friends of mine . my friend plays warrior and i play archer though the only problem we have is that my other friend plays cleric which is from the other village . is there a way so that he can dungeon with us later on ?

EDIT: i did a quick search, and found out at lvl 10 , you'll be able to leave your home town .

13. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Yeah actually level 9 should be enough to reach the second town where everybody can meet up.

And other than most Nexon game this is not so much cash shop based ... and as far as i was told nexon is less expensive than cherry credits.
    Cash items give like +2 or 3 on stats while there are normal items you can find that give you 100 and more + to the stats so yeah just for the looks.
    Only thing you would "need" to spend money is bigger inventory (well its more or less big enough) and if you want to earn gold fast you would need sealing stamps cuz rare stuff cannot be sold ingame trough the auction house if not sealed.

Looks like there is a new class in Korea now, how it will find its way soon into NA and Global/SEA version !

Currently even the NA ppl are complaining about the lack of content even thaught there is more to do than in Global/SEA yet XD
    Still for some days till you got at least one chara on max level its really big fun !

14. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    At 00:40 in the vid reminds me a hell lot from
    [youtube]d8NgPddoPkQ[/youtube]

15. clegion

United States
    It is less content and more how buggy/gold seller ridden it is , the town chat is filled with gold seller spamming, you get stuck often when trying to enter instances and such , the server is unstable. I can go on, but it must be tried to be believed

16. Splych

Philippines
    skip to 13:00 to see the actual class:
    [youtube]L1bAJA-v8R4[/youtube]

it's called Academic . it looks like some form of a cannoneer to me or someone with a gun powder powered weapon . it looks like a much better ranged attacker compared to the Archer , but the difference seems to be that this one won't combo as longer since it will do more damage ?

17. clegion

United States
    It will probably have less aspd compared to either class of the archer. Anyone know of the job advancements of this classes? And it seems it didn't have that many chain skills either, or am I used to seeing my Swordsman?

18. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Nexon, like most companies, only hosts (and I think localizes?) games. They in no way develop them. Sooo it's kinda pointless to generalize the games one company hosts, lol. Except when you're talkin' about cash shops. Most companies tend to follow trends for that.

Anyways I started Dragon Nest when OB first started, but I kinda got busy with other games. It's very, very fun though. I'm really tempted to get myself to 24 so I can do some PvP.