Hacking Download Play

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download play for the DS allows you to "send" a small version of the game your playing to a friend with a DS over the wireless system. That will allow you to play a multiplayer game. When your friend turn off their DS, the game is erased from their memory.

It just allows you to play multiplayer games even if your friend doesn't own the game. Not all game support download play. Some games require your friend to have a copy of the game too.

Example of this, Tetris DS. You can send your friend a small version of Tetris, and play against them. Remember, this is all dependent on location. You can't do this if your friend is down the street, or across town. The second DS has to be withing a 30 foot range (depending on walls, and other structures). This is usually for someone in the same room/car.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example, we have one copy of Mario Kart, but the 4 of us want to all race together. So, the person that had the game on their DS "Host a Game", then the other 3 of us "Join the Game". That enables us to all play it together, even though we have 4 DSs, but only 1 copy of the game. And believe me, there are certain games that are not configured for download play. Each person has to have the game in order to participate.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SleepingDragon said:
For example, we have one copy of Mario Kart, but the 4 of us want to all race together. So, the person that had the game on their DS "Host a Game", then the other 3 of us "Join the Game". That enables us to all play it together, even though we have 4 DSs, but only 1 copy of the game. And believe me, there are certain games that are not configured for download play. Each person has to have the game in order to participate.

Though no single-cart multiplayer is as good as multi-cart.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
stratton_865 said:
SleepingDragon said:

Though no single-cart multiplayer is as good as multi-cart.
Don't forget bomberman 2 and Mario party. They're designed for single-cart multiplayer.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I flicked through it in case it had anything exciting in it
biggrin.gif
But it didn't
frown.gif

Although I must say the Pictochat instruction manual was absolutely riveting to read!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...