Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 839,767
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original everything is safest as invalid secureinfos will brick.
Darn. The n3ds I wanna try this on is originally European and my o3ds is North American.

I'm gonna try it anyway. I have a hardmod and the regular guide doesn't work on that specific n3ds so I've got nothing to lose...

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Darn. The n3ds I wanna try this on is originally European and my o3ds is North American.

I'm gonna try it anyway. I have a hardmod and the regular guide doesn't work on that specific n3ds so I've got nothing to lose...
If you got a hardmod: just inject a US SecureInfo_A using D9 before doing the transfer. It will work.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got a hardmod: just inject a US SecureInfo_A using D9 before doing the transfer. It will work.
It failed.

I made an emunand on my US a9lh o3ds and successfully downgraded it to 2.1. I then dumped the transferable CTRNAND from that emunand.

I also dumped the secureinfo_A from a US n3dsxl and put the ctrnand, the .sha file, and the secureinfo_A on the originally European n3ds. I injected the secureinfo_A and tried to do the auto transfer. This is what I got.

74FPEMF.jpg

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It failed.

I made an emunand on my US a9lh o3ds and successfully downgraded it to 2.1. I then dumped the transferable CTRNAND from that emunand.

I also dumped the secureinfo_A from a US n3dsxl and put the ctrnand, the .sha file, and the secureinfo_A on the originally European n3ds. I injected the secureinfo_A and tried to do the auto transfer. This is what I got.

74FPEMF.jpg
Make sure you are using the most recent D9 release (actually check Github for it), then try again.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How does the GBA extractor/injector work? Is it less convoluted than this?
Start and close the gba game you want to dump the save, dump the save using decrypt9. You will find the dump into the "files9" folder with the name you have chosen on decrypt9. Edit it on the pc without rename it. On decrypt9, inject it using the inject option, and then start the gba game.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So why when i updated again (like the 4 time) the options for dumping NDS games is gone now. :mellow:
Nope, just use the "Dump cart" option. It will detect automatically if it's a nds/dsi or 3ds cartridge!

Thanks! So you don't need to reinstall the game like with AGBSave9?
No, it's not necessary...
:-p

Reactions: gnmmarechal

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using the most recent D9 release (actually check Github for it), then try again.
Okay, so I formatted both consoles, redownloaded decrypt9 from the releases link in the first post, downgraded my o3ds's sysnand to 2.1, made a new transferable ctrnand, injected my US secureinfo_A, and attempted to auto transfer. I got the exact same result.

After that I tried it again, but with the latest hourly from the link in your sig and same result.

Finally I tried it again, but I used the "forced" option instead of "auto" in the hourly and got the exact same result.

I attempted to transfer the ctrnand from another n3ds and it worked fine. Idk what I'm doing wrong. I got this 3ds in a trade so who knows what's been done to it. Plailect's guide never worked on this specific n3ds either.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, so I formatted both consoles, redownloaded decrypt9 from the releases link in the first post, downgraded my o3ds's sysnand to 2.1, made a new transferable ctrnand, injected my US secureinfo_A, and attempted to auto transfer. I got the exact same result.

After that I tried it again, but with the latest hourly from the link in your sig and same result.

Finally I tried it again, but I used the "forced" option instead of "auto" in the hourly and got the exact same result.

I attempted to transfer the ctrnand from another n3ds and it worked fine. Idk what I'm doing wrong. I got this 3ds in a trade so who knows what's been done to it. Plailect's guide never worked on this specific n3ds either.

This is strange. Testing so far worked very, very good, we never had that issue. You can join us on freenode IRC #Cakey, and we can try to sort it out (that's the fastest option). Just to make sure, the console you're running this on is a N3DS, right? And, what is the exact filesize of your ctrtransfer.bin? Better to join us on IRC, though, instead of continuing this here!

EDIT: Also, does this console still boot after the error or do you have to restore via hardmod?

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is strange. Testing so far worked very, very good, we never had that issue. You can join us on freenode IRC #Cakey, and we can try to sort it out (that's the fastest option). Just to make sure, the console you're running this on is a N3DS, right? And, what is the exact filesize of your ctrtransfer.bin? Better to join us on IRC, though, instead of continuing this here!

EDIT: Also, does this console still boot after the error or do you have to restore via hardmod?

Posting the full log of the transfer operation is helpful, too! :)

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'll give it one more go and post the log. If it doesn't work I'll join the IRC.

I'll also try it on another n3ds just to see if it's me that's doing something wrong.

EDIT: Oh and about the boot thing. It still boots after the fail. I don't have to restore it with the hardmod.

I have a class in the morning so I'll do this a bit later.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
... And here's one guy who hasn't read the previous posts :)
Indeed, confused by another thread...
/autofacepalm

Edit: I did read the previous posts but for some reason I assumed he wanted to try to flash his NAND to another console... /facepalm again

Last edited by Redferne,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried transferring the 2.1 US o3ds ctrnand to my Japanese a9lh n3ds(a different n3ds that has also been region changed to US) using a US secureinfo_A and it worked. The ctrnand transferred successfully.

I then tried using the same securinfo_A and 2.1 ctrnand that worked for the Japanese n3ds on my originally European n3ds after formatting it and doing the initial setup. It failed. Again. So I'm pretty sure it's that n3ds that's messed up.

Here's the decrypt9 log. I changed the file extension to .zip to upload it, but it's just a .log file.

Attachments

• Decrypt9.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 224

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I don't remember most of it. +1