Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 847,176
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Anything I could be doing wrong?

I'm trying to launch the latest version from the old gateway 9.2 browser hack.

It's stuck at "Initializing SD card... success" for ages.

I just plopped all the files on the root as they were in the zip.

Okay, the one before the april fools edition works. If "decrypt9.txt" is some sort of log file, it contained a single space.

Last edited by Nollog,

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
it's the key used for New3DS CTRNAND. what entry point are you using to run Decrypt9? I think only arm9loaderhax requires you have this key as a file.
Im using A9LH with AuReiNand (hold L + R to boot default.bin which is Decrypt9WIP), march 9th version of Decrypt9WIP working fine without these files... I dont understand why the new version needs them all of a sudden.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anything I could be doing wrong?

I'm trying to launch the latest version from the old gateway 9.2 browser hack.

It's stuck at "Initializing SD card... success" for ages.

I just plopped all the files on the root as they were in the zip.

Okay, the one before the april fools edition works. If "decrypt9.txt" is some sort of log file, it contained a single space.
But they were all on there, it booted, just stalled.

Oh well, lets get that sorted out... Did you also open that issue on GitHub?
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/issues/38#issuecomment-204848752

If not, try CakeHax (description in readme) instead. There might be an issue with file i/o in the Gateway entrypoint now.

Updated to latest release getting the following error on bootup:

http://imgur.com/FQGmgn8

Version from March 9th runs just fine.
Im using A9LH with AuReiNand (hold L + R to boot default.bin which is Decrypt9WIP), march 9th version of Decrypt9WIP working fine without these files... I dont understand why the new version needs them all of a sudden.
If you say it worked before (and this is a N3DS, right?), I wonder what you used Decrypt9WIP for before. Without that file on a9lh, you basically can't do anything on your NANDs (and yes, that includes backing up and restoring). Technically, you would have a limited subset of working features even without that file on a9lh, but I don't want to support that. Also, I simply got too many user questions that I had to answer with 'Get that slot0x05keyY.bin file', so I decided to force users to get that file.

So... what worked before without that keyfile, on a9lh?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Oh well, lets get that sorted out... Did you also open that issue on GitHub?
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/issues/38#issuecomment-204848752

If not, try CakeHax (description in readme) instead. There might be an issue with file i/o in the Gateway entrypoint now.
I got it to work with my N3ds(I used a browserhax thing to load), I only wanted to clear out an old NNID save, worked great.

I tried for like 2 hours to make sliderhax launch it on my old 3ds, damn that thing is hard. Another user had a problem with the GW launching method too, in https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-bypass-nnid-bans-miiverse-online-eshop-etc.417999/ Looks like switching to cakehax would've fixed it alright.

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3

Advance feature request: Installing/injecting A9LH through Decrypt9WIP, provided that we have delebile's arm9loaderhax data_output files (firm0.bin, firm1.bin, sector.bin, stage0x5C000.bin) present in the Decrypt9 work directory.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but you I have you do miraculous things with Decrypt9 already. It would be a nice feature to restore sysNand,exploitable or non-exploitable, followed by installing a9lh directly through the menu in 1 function. I think it would mostly benefit a9lh users who have a hardmod that regularly make backups of fully updated firmware images.

And yes, I'm also aware that D9WIP has options to keep the a9lh intact when restoring nand, and restoring ctrnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, which one of your brothers?