Hacking Downgrading

ACCFPopTart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am currently on 4.2U, but I am debating on downgrading. I have restored the trucha bug, and have used wads, usbloaders, themes succesfully, but for some reason I just don't like 4.2. Anyway IF I downgrade, which firmware should I downgrade to?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What exactly don't you like about 4.2? What difference is there form 4.1?

You can downgrade to any system menu you like on any wii, as long as the system ios used by that system menu can be loaded by that wii.

So, some new wiis brick on anything less than 3.4. This can be overcome by installing ios60-v6174 into the ios30 slot, do that and any wii can run 3.2
Want you go lower? Install ios60-v6174 into slot 9, 11, and 20, then you can install any SM you wish via wad install. You just need to be sure you never replace that system ios with the original or you could brick.

ModMii will install these patched ios for you, so have a look at it. But really, what is the point. Most of everything done on the wii is done from the HBC. So why even bother booting your SM in the first place? Just autoboot to the HBC and live a good life, all SM sucks.

By the way, if you don't understand that, doing it will probably brick your wii.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to see if you have a lu64+ or a korean region-changed Wii. Downgrading could kill you then.

But if you choose to downgrade, go for 3.2. I downgraded back when you still had to go from 3.4 to 3.2 (Twilight Hack) via ARC. There hasn't been a single compelling reason for me to upgrade since, so I just keep my IOSes up to date. Nearly every other update has been antipiracy BS; I use a regular SD for homebrew and saves (for best compatibility, plus I'm po') so SDHC support doesn't matter, and we have better alternatives to the SD card menu (SNEEK, Triiforce, even uLoader).

0) You should probably not do this if you don't have bootmii as boot2 and a fresh NAND backup or two. And Priiloader.

1) Make sure you don't have any stub IOSes, especially SM IOSes. Delete them bitches.
2) Install the SM IOS for your target SM version.
3) Hop into Priiloader, choose to use the new IOS for the SM. Reboot and test 'er out.
4) Install the new SM wad. Make sure your regions match!!
5) Hop back into Priiloader and update your hacks.ini.
6) Make sure your SM IOS is switched back to default, unless you're going to patch to 249 or something else. I don't remember if Priiloader remembers this setting. No point in forcing it to the default I suppose.
smile.gif

7) You can install older versions of IOSes from a disc update or NUS [for an authentic feel], but I wouldn't really recommend it. Keep your IOSes up to date via DopMii, or MMM.

dn_angel000 said:
Well I heard if u downgrade 2 the point of the SM having a boot2v2 u will brick! So I go 2 SM 4.0 or 4.1! lol

Really? There are a few things wrong with this. Read up on boot1/2 at Wiibrew.

edit: lol @ "regions are match!!"

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ACCFPopTart said:
?EYEHATE? said:
lol the next thing u know hes going to say how much he like 4.3 over 4.2. Why would you not like 4.2?

I'm not sure. I just felt safer hacking on 3.2. Yeah, I know, thats sounds weird XD
There is no point in downgrading.
Someone says that it is passé/gay too.
There are enough "i brick my wii" stories on gbatemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What do you mean I've known you since today