Downgrading to 2.1 blackscreen when booting

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Galerox, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Galerox
    OP

Galerox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2014
    Mexico
    I just downgraded my o3ds from 9.2 to 2.1 and everything went ok

I'm following Plailects guide

18. If you get a black screen, boot with the SD card remove then reinsert when you see the home menu.

I can boot the 3ds with out the sd card and I just checked that the firmware is on 2.1 , I want to be sure that I can keep following the guide is it cool ? Or did I just mess with sothing important ?

Last edited by Galerox, Apr 17, 2016
  2. Razorzeto

Razorzeto Darkness can not drive out darkness.

Aug 27, 2015
    Currently living in Chile.
    Remove those links, have copyrighted stuff and it's against the rules.

3. Galerox
    OP

Galerox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2014
    Mexico
    Done hmm

4. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    2.1 hates up to date files that are on your SD card. Remove SD card when booting, once on home menu place SD card back in, and keep it in until you reboot or enter system settings. I doubt you'll need to enter system settings.

5. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    It boots without the sd card? Yes? Once it's booted just put the sd card back in and continue the guide. If it wasn't safe to continue the guide would tell you

6. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    I got a black screen too the first time. Just boot it without the SD card in it till you get to the home menu and then re-insert the SD card and continue. Just finish these steps as quickly (and carefully) as possible :)

Edit: Ninja'd

pbanj likes this.
  7. Galerox
    OP

Galerox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2014
    Mexico
    Kk guys :) thanks for the help , I just find it odd and wanted to be sure everything was going good ! :P

pbanj likes this.
  8. Temarile

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Just so you know, that IS a good thing. Especially when it comes to messing with your system like this, people who don't check have a bigger risk of bricking. Because you checked, you made sure for yourself it was okay to continue and thus did not increase the risk of bricking (although the risk itself is pretty damn small now if you just follow the guide)!

9. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    i wonder how many people who "bricked" didnt remove the sd card and check or wait a little bit to see if it booted.

10. Temarile

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    The people who "brick" create a thread and the first thing they're told is to either boot without sd card or boot into recovery mode. So yeah. I panicked too a little bit when my 3ds stayed on black after injecting emunand 2.1 to my sysnand but there it was in the guide:
    But you're right. SO many people who can't read or use google!

pbanj likes this.