Hacking Downgrading emunand w/ sysupdater keeps failing.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to downgrade my 10.7U emunand to 9.2J firmware via latest sysupdater. I've tried about 5 times, and the result is the same--it gets to a certain point in the downgrade, and then throws

Code:
fsException:
fe.cpp:117: Result: 0xD8E0806A
Failed to write to file!
Did you store the update files in '/updates'?

The nand is now bricked, and I have to flash a backup.

I've tried this 5 times now, and the result is exactly the same. Does anyone have any tips?

Should I keep trying this via sysupdater, or just opt for a dirty install from BBM?

EDIT: Looking on google, it appears that this issue is caused by crap downloads. I've tried downgrading from both shady .zip packs, and from actual 3DNUS downloads. Neither works :(

Last edited by ultramario1998,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by 8BitWonder,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold on, you were trying to downgrade a USA regions 10.7 firmware 3ds with a japanese 9.2 update pack?! I would insult you and called you names by now but I'm not going to do that since I already have a warning from mods. SMH, you deserve to get bricked.

Edit:

I'll try to help; what's the entry point are you using and what type of 3ds are you using? New, old, 3ds, etc?

Last edited by cooroxd,

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, you were trying to downgrade a USA regions 10.7 firmware 3ds with a japanese 9.2 update pack?! I would insult you and called you names by now but I'm not going to do that since I already have a warning from mods. SMH, you deserve to get bricked.
Don't worry, it's on purpose. I'm attempting to do a region change so that I can dualboot U and J. Plus I'm using A9Lhax, so screwing around with an emunand gives a very minimal chance of brick.
I'll try to help; what's the entry point are you using and what type of 3ds are you using? New, old, 3ds, etc?
Entrypoint is a9lhax, using a USA region N3ds. SysNAND and EmuNAND are both 10.7U. (EmuNAND is in fact a RedNAND, might that be what's causing it?)

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if you are able to dual boot USA and jap region, the problem is getting eshop to work since you'll need a secure A for your jap region

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, got a bit more research done.

The CIA that I'm freezing on is 0004013000008002.cia, which is the ns module (I'm fairly certain it's home menu.) Downloading it with 3DNus and installing it with whatever still yields a invalid CIA error.

I'm not sure what to do from this point.

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Try this
Code:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/page-10#post-6016225
Basically get all the files from the beginning, but only update system applications and applets. Don't mess with the rest and you should be fine

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's homemenu that is troubling you. Downgrade with a US homemenu instead. I think it ends in "8F02". After downgrading, write the JP home menu over the US.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: