Downgrading Black Friday 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by robman62, Dec 20, 2016.

1. robman62
    OP

robman62 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    What do I need to do to downgrade my Black Friday 3ds?

I have:
    A 4.x 3ds with rxtools
    Zelda Ocorina of time 3D
    A Gateway 3ds

Is any of the stuff I have useful to downgrade the new 3ds or do I have to update the old 3ds to do it? I know a system transfer is involved but I generally use my old 3ds to play dis games with an acekard...is that even still possible on today's cfws?

2. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Switch over your old 3DS to Luma3DS and A9LH. (You can even restore your current emunand and make it your sysnand.) Grab any compatible DSiWare game (must be legit/paid for) - use Godmode9 to install Sudokuhax onto it. System transfer the modded DSiWare game over. Use the DSiWare game to downgrade that specific part of the firmware. Downgrade to 9.2, and do a system backup. Downgrade your system to 2.1, grab your OTP/install a9lh. Restore your 9.2 system backup, system update to 11.2, and then inject FBI into your health and safety. Use that to complete the install.

Luma3DS works natively with Acekard 2i. It's a great fit for the system.

https://3ds.guide/

robman62 likes this.
  3. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Yeah, the Acekard 2i works fine with the Luma3DS CFW. Follow that guide to get your old 3DS up-to-date with A9LH and a supported CFW first. Afterwards, you are a $2 DSiWare game purchase away from having all you need to transfer to the New 3DS and use DSiWarehax to downgrade it and install A9LH on it as well.

robman62 likes this.
  4. robman62
    OP

robman62 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Ok thanks guys, I may have time to do all this over the holiday break.

5. _Pro_Man_

_Pro_Man_ GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure how you are going to get an exploitable dsiware game now. Last I checked, all of the exploitable dsiware games have been removed from the eShop (unless you already purchased one). Remember this has to be a legit game, you cannot pirate it.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Actually a new method has been found that can make almost every DSiware exploitable
    https://3ds.guide/dsiware-list
    https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)

robman62 likes this.
  7. robman62
    OP

robman62 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    I successfully installed A9lh to my O3ds, so now I have to download sudoku and do it all over agin with the n3ds? does this hack still work?

8. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    It works, but there are special steps for your 11.2 stock fw 3ds. Just follow the guide - it explains everything.

9. robman62
    OP

robman62 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    So I'm at the final steps of this long trip to downgrade, just one(possibly dumb) question. Can I restore my Old 3ds nand to my new 3ds to get all my apps back or would that just cause a brick?

10. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
  11. robman62
    OP

robman62 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Should I just do the waithax and safehax install on my n3ds at this point? I havent had time to complete the downgrade but and im up to the system transfer portion...basically the time consuming part. I hate that i bought a dsiware title but meh, 2 bucks wont hurt.