Downgrading 10.7

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GoldenExperience, Nov 1, 2016.

1. GoldenExperience
    OP

GoldenExperience Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    United States
    So I'm planning on buying a N3DSXL and I'm going to be looking for one with 10.7. I'll probably get the Mario bundle which is confirmed to be on 10.7 but can I still use browserhax? I'm planning on downgrading to 9.2. I've heard about the nag that tells you to update everytime you use the browser. Is it still possible?

Last edited by GoldenExperience, Nov 1, 2016
  2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    If you set the Tubehax DNS before connecting to a network then you won't get the nag.

3. Big Man Tyrone2

Big Man Tyrone2 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2016
    United States
    It should be.
    I followed this tutorial when downgrading:

4. GoldenExperience
    OP

GoldenExperience Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    United States
    What's the DNS for Tubehax? I think I also read somewhere that the DNS wasn't working anymore.

5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Tubehax itself no longer works but the DNS server does. Just set this (107.211.140.065) as your primary DNS server either on your router or 3DS, and 0.0.0.0 as the secondary one. Also, don't follow any video tutorials on downgrading or hacking in general. They become outdated and deprecated quite fast. Just use this guide forever and always.

6. Leo121

Leo121 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    If your'e talking about this bundle, it's the non-XL model. It is confirmed to be on 10.7 however.

7. kittensauce

kittensauce Got a spare screen?

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    Hey, now, woah woah woah! Video tutorials are never the way to go.
    Instead follow Plailect's guide, it simply does not matter if you seem unqualified!

8. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Tha
    Used to work, but AFAIK and yes i have tested, there is no way around the nag on 10.7+, even with tubehax. though 10.6 works fine. Proving me wrong would help me greatly so if it really is possible tell me.

9. GoldenExperience
    OP

GoldenExperience Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    United States
    So you actually tried the Tubehax DNS and it didn't work? Damn. Are you sure you didn't get the nag before you tried the DNS?