Hacking Downgraded browser - causing update notification?

artur3004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've downgraded the webbrowser on 10.3 O3DS EmuNAND to SpiderV1.7567EUR-0004003000009D02 - and got an fw update notification on the homemenu. Does the system want to update the browser? Or is a 10.4 FW out?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the firmware past 9.9 I think bugs you to update to use the browser. It may just detect browser version and annoy you like that. Maybe we can spoof the browser version then so it never updates? We can wish.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3DNUS has an option to change the version number - is this not enough?
I believe it's a server check.

Once you've encountered it there's no way around it, unless you restore a emuNAND backup from before you got the message.

The only way to avoid it is to either; have blocked the server via your router before opening your browser or to be using the tubehax DNS which also blocks the server.

Either way, the only way you're going to be using your browser again is to restore a NAND backup (sorry!)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I have a spoofed version on my emunand, and never got that notification. Which is cool cause I use it for ram hacks

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If I remeber correctly eshop use the checksum of system titles and the version number to check whenever you're on the latest firmware, if you downgrade any of them w/o spoofing the ver number it will trigger the update notification

artur3004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Usually I use everytime smealums dns, but forgot it to use it for attwifi/NZ@McD1 Spotpass relay on windows hosted network. But after removing attwifi from internet settings (other wifi's use smealums dns) the update notification disappears. And I could and can use the doengraded browser at any time without an update-needed notification. Weird...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Pffffft sending me a PM stating we're all a bunch a mean azzholes :creep:. Same here DUDE