Hacking Downgrade sysNAND web browser

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. Get access to Homebrew Launcher and make sure you have a entrypoint, Menuhax is preferred. If you don't have Menuhax, please use the themehax/menuhax manager in HBL to install.
2. Put the CIA file for the 'spider-exploitable' web browser in the updates folder (the folder must be on the SD-card root) You can get it by looking for browser backups on THAT ISO SITE.
3. Get sysUpdater in HBL.
4. Open sysUpdater.
5. Press Y to downgrade, it will install 1 file.

Your browser is downgraded and you'll be able to use QR-codes for games, injecting cheats, data, saved stuff on 9.5+

Last edited by Krakatau,
D

Deleted User

It is for my friend and his sysNAND is at 10.3
Theoretically, it should be possible to use sysupdater. Just be sure to hit downgrade while the downgraded browser cia is in the updates folder, and you should be good to go, I guess.

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Theoretically, it should be possible to use sysupdater. Just be sure to hit downgrade while the downgraded browser cia is in the updates folder, and you should be good to go, I guess.

It was purely hypothetical but I do think it will work. What is the worst case scenario?

D

Deleted User

Considering he has Menuhax installed I assume that won't be much of an issue, he has a 2DS, so I should get the 'spider' browser for O3DS right?
Yeah, get spider for 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS. N3DS models, as you might already know, use skater.

D

Deleted User

Good to know it worked out for you! :D

Now all I have to do is downgrade my browser. ;)

Rhapsody

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, easily possible, just launch sysupdater (or FBI or whatever CIA installer) and install it, piece of cake, and as long as you have some other entrypoint then there 0 risk involved :)

Not true, actually. The O3DS browser and N3DS browser have different TitleIDs and the system menu for each system calls the appropriate browser. So no, simply installing it would do nothing.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, easily possible, just launch sysupdater (or FBI or whatever CIA installer) and install it, piece of cake, and as long as you have some other entrypoint then there 0 risk involved :)
I thought sysUpdater wasn't supposed to just be able to install 1 CIA, they said that it would brick the 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended