Hacking Downgrade or disable

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalSquirrel said:
Is there a way to downgrade from 3.4 menu? OR disable the "auto-updating" BS added?

Currently, No and No.

Unless you already have your wii modded, then i think you can, but I'm not that Homebrew savvy.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Auto updating is easy to prevent, do not give the wii access to a wireless router, or block the proper site which I currently do not know off the top of my head but I know there is one... that or unplug your wii when not being used. Can't update with out any power.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banger said:
Auto updating is easy to prevent, do not give the wii access to a wireless router, or block the proper site which I currently do not know off the top of my head but I know there is one... that or unplug your wii when not being used. Can't update with out any power.

What if you're using a Nintendo USB wifi dongle thing? Won't it auto-update on its own while you're playing a wifi-game or something?

wiiBRID

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just download waninkokos cIOS Downgrader. 3.2 isn't on the list but no big deal. downgrade to anything on the list, once completed stick in a copy of Super Smash bros Brawl. It will say you need to upgrade so do so but make sure you upgrade from the disc. The disc comes with version 3.2u on it, then your good to go for homebrewing or whatever you are planning.

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DigitalSquirrel said:
night_chrono said:
it doesn't disable HBC 9 so if you have that just use any region changer. otherwise your boned

region changer? Why?

Region Changer has a menu option to install 3.2 - I did this yesterday from 3.3, worked a charm. Though as previously mentioned, if you don't already have HBC installed then yeah, you're boned.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prawnmatic said:
DigitalSquirrel said:
night_chrono said:
it doesn't disable HBC 9 so if you have that just use any region changer. otherwise your boned

region changer? Why?

Region Changer has a menu option to install 3.2 - I did this yesterday from 3.3, worked a charm. Though as previously mentioned, if you don't already have HBC installed then yeah, you're boned.

First: If I JUST go ahead and install a lower menu won't it cause problems? Installing a lower menu doesn't hurt it? Second: which region changer are we talking about? (URL please?) and third: is the 3.2 in this menu that we're talking about the standard US menu? Pal or whatever it is...

(P.S) Is downgrading risky?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
block nus.cdn.shop.wii.com on your router.

EDIT: i also blocked the following:

nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.edgesuite.net
a339.g.akamai.net

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
I can't block things on my router. I use a nintendo USB wifi dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s