Doubt about transfering Data to a 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by IanAlbarn, Nov 25, 2013.

1. IanAlbarn
    OP

IanAlbarn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2012
    Mexico
    I'm planning to get an Ambassador 3DS. I already have a 3DS XL. I was wondering if the data on my 3ds XL erases too... because I have a lot of digital games on it already.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It tells you something about that when you try doing the system transfer. I also found a page on it too, on nintendo.com. You could've saved yourself asking the question by googling first.
    Here's the link:
    https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/s...ransfer&submenu=ctr-gi-apps-transfer-overview

tl;dr: All content will be transferred from the source system to the target. If content eg. savegames are present on both systems the data from the target system will be discarded. All purchased content from both 3DSes will be kept. Photos and sound files as well as save/extra data for built-in firmware apps will be overwritten on the target system. The source system will be formatted.

3. IanAlbarn
    OP

IanAlbarn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2012
    Mexico
    Sorry... I looked it up at Nintendo but found different pages from the one you pasted here. Thanks a lot.

4. IanAlbarn
    OP

IanAlbarn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2012
    Mexico
    If I already have my Mii and a lot of information on my Mii Plaza on my 3DS XL, will it all be erased? isn't there a way of erasing that data from the Ambassador 3DS so that it doesn't overwrite my current pre-installed data of my 3DS XL?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    By the sound of it, it will be erased, but check the page I linked, there might be a mention about it there.

6. IanAlbarn
    OP

IanAlbarn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2012
    Mexico
    Nevermind, I figured it out. I'll transfer my data from the 3DS XL to the Ambassador one, and send it back.

7. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

You gotta wait 7 days between transfers.
    EDIT: I'm not sure if that applies for Unit 1>Unit 2 then from 2>1 but from 1>2 and then again applies.

8. IanAlbarn
    OP

IanAlbarn Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2012
    Mexico
    Yeah, it seems to be that way. that's the bad thing about that but it's better than loosing my Streetpass data. Thanks