raffo89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody! I have the following doubt:

Suppose I have a lv30 Jigglypuff. I use a moonstone on it to obtain a lv30 Wigglytuff, I train it to lv 50.
Now suppose I train the same lv30 Jigglypuff to lv50 and then use the moonstone.
Will the two Wigglytuff have the same stats??

I don't know if I explained myself: I wanted to know if evolving a pokemon early is better (since stats grow faster) or if the stats auto-adjust when the evolution comes (since they depend on ivs/evs), so if it is the same thing...

(I have this dilemma with A LOT of stone-evolution pkm, since I don't know if I should aim to better move-sets or stats)

Thanks to all!

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most evolution stone Pokemon stop learning moves after evolving, so you should go with learning all the movies that you need, then evolve.

Your EV/IV's don't automatically adjust your stats after a level-up, it adds up over time until you reach level 100.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh good question, i was wondering the same thing. Thanks Alex for info. So you may as well just train it to lvl 100 then use stone as you won't be missing out on anything?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can evolve them whenever you think you have the moves you want. (Most Pokemon stop learning around the level 60's)

Evolved or not, they still gain the points you have earned. Evolutions are naturally stronger though because of their base stats.

raffo89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wizzerzak said:
ahh good question, i was wondering the same thing. Thanks Alex for info. So you may as well just train it to lvl 100 then use stone as you won't be missing out on anything?

I knew about the moveset, but didn't understand the other thing, returning to my wigglytuff example, the two lv 50 wigglituff will be the same? Or will the first one be stronger (since it evolved earlier) and then the two will be the same at lv 100?

(sorry about the english, I wish you understood the problem
tongue.gif
)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I understand what you're asking.

I think they would turn out to be the same.
When they evolve their stats go up a lot to reflect the base stat totals, and both Wigglytuff would have the same amount of experience and EVs, so it would be the same.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, they would have exactly the same stats, granted they would've killed exactly the same pokemon or had been EV trained fully before your experiment

raffo89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have centered the problem, what a relief I finally solved this problem!
smile.gif

Thanks to all of you!
smile.gif

(I forgot to say I supposed to train them exactly the same way, I only wanted to know if late evolution involved any stat loss, Clydefrosh, thanks a lot anyway)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol