DosFlash 1.7

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by DarkWay, Mar 27, 2009.

Mar 27, 2009

DosFlash 1.7 by DarkWay at 6:10 PM (3,659 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DarkWay
    OP

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    ok I have DosFlash 1.7 but I have no idea what to do with it or how to use it.... [​IMG]

latter on I will be spoofing my BenQ firmware with my old faulty hitachi's drive key so that I can play my original games that part seems easy enough to do with minimal help required...however the problem I know have is flashing the orig.bin with the correct drive key to my BenQ drive using DosFlash 1.7.

so basicaly I'm asking if someone would be so kind and post a step by step tutorial on what I do with the DosFlash 1.7 files (i.e will this require booting from a memory stick? e.t.c.) and how I use DosFlash 1.7 to flash my firmware to my BenQ drive

and please don't say read the read me files because it just confuses me

2. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You can do it in Windows using DosFlash32 1.7. Just boot up with the drive connected and powered, run DosFlash and it should be pretty straight forward for there as DosFlash should guide you through.

3. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    so I can just boot up and login as usual? and just open dosflash32 1.7? is that it really? wow

also when I'm going to flash the BenQ drive does it also have to be in modeb and will the slax method work for this?

4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Mode B is for hitachi only. Benq just connect it to the pc, that's it.

5. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    cheers guys that saves me a lot of time and hassle now I just have to figure out DosFlash32 I'm guessing I change the mode from read to write and load up the orig.bin with the spoofed drive key?

6. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If your putting a Benq in the place of an Hitachi you will need to change more than the key. Use JungleFlasher and it will do it for you. Load your orig.bin as source and your new Benq firmware as Target and tell JungleFlasher to spoof to Target and just flash.

7. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    what I was going to do was take the key from my hitachi then inject it into the firmware from my BenQ then flash the BenQ firmware with key to my BenQ