Hacking Do's and Dont's With Hacked Wii

bigbadphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I successfully softmodded my wii the other day using the 'Softmod Any Wii Guide' and I have a wifi connection going in my house. I have not let my wii connect to the net yet as I'm not 100% certain what I can do and not do while its connected. I know the homebrew channel needs the connection to use it's features.

Can I leave it connected all the time knowing that it wont update anything and brick it?

What shouldn't I do while its connected?

Can I play online multiplayer games worry free?

Sorry if I sound a bit of a noob, I'm just glad I got it working and I don't wanna do anything stupid and knacker it.

Thanks in advance for any info given regarding this.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigbadphil said:
I successfully softmodded my wii the other day using the 'Softmod Any Wii Guide' and I have a wifi connection going in my house. I have not let my wii connect to the net yet as I'm not 100% certain what I can do and not do while its connected. I know the homebrew channel needs the connection to use it's features.

Can I leave it connected all the time knowing that it wont update anything and brick it? It doesn't update if you don't want it to.
wink.gif

What shouldn't I do while its connected? Update
tongue.gif

Can I play online multiplayer games worry free? Yes
yay.gif

Sorry if I sound a bit of a noob, I'm just glad I got it working and I don't wanna do anything stupid and knacker it.

Thanks in advance for any info given regarding this.
Hopefully that helped.
yay.gif

bigbadphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Hatsu, yeah it did help. It will ask me anyway before it wants to update wont it?

longtom1, I don't know how to use the cheats so I'm guessin I wont have a problem. How do you use them for informations sake?

bigbadphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After reading the first line, i can see I dont have anything to worry about as I don't have that installed on the wii
biggrin.gif

What I will ask though, I know you say it's safe to have it connected to the net, Is it also safe to have the WiiConnect24 enabled too? It asks all sorts of agreements before it ran so I didnt go thru with it. Any info?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if your Wii isn't modded, it's safer to leave WiiConnect24 off. Although, it is safe to have it on while "Standby Connection" is off.

Also, there are a few apps which will disable updates if you want.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch
Preloader is another one but I have never used it and not sure weather Preloader (.29, .30...) or Priiloader is the way to go.

bigbadphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if its been enabled or not, my brother modded the wii for me. If I click into it, it wants me to accept all the terms and conditions. I'm presuming its past that where you have the options to turn it on or off?

Ive not used a wii before, only played on my brothers now and again. I got the wii purposly to hack it. I know quite a bit about PC's and i've a DS which I have roms on. I'm new to this wii softmodding and tryin to do as much research as much as possible to get to know what i'm doing.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, once you turn WC24 on, it'll give you the option to have Standby ON/OFF.

WC24 is mainly for send messages to your mates and usefull in Animal Crossing (which I haven't played).

If you are worried and the T&C, then just leave it off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...