Hacking Dop-IOS and IOS 60

Rod_Hull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies in advance if this is noob territory...

I have a PAL Wii on 4.1E (upgraded from 3.2E with official Nintendo "System Update" method). Then I installed BootMii as Boot2. I've used Trucha Bug Restorer to patch IOS 36 and have now successfully installed the latest cIOS (rev14). HBC is working as is NeoGamma etc.

I DON'T have Preloader or cIOSCORP or anything else like that installed.

The only thing remaining to get working is to allow loading of VC/WiiWare WADs from the SD card (which at the moment give "failed to launch" errors when moved to SD cards - they work fine when installed on the Wii).

From what I've read, I understand that all I need to do is use Dop-IOS and patch IOS 60 - is this completely safe to do?

Is there anything else I should/shouldn't do first?

Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted-119707

it IS safe. as you got bootmii on boot2, back up your nand just to be safe. i did it and had no problems. i think you just follow the on-screen instructions, its been a while for me lol. i believe you should look at the ultimate 4.0/1 guide and im sure theres a section on DOP-IOS

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have Bootmii as boot2 and a valid NAND dump you can pretty much recover from anything without fear. As to your question its safe so patch away. In saying that it does mess with an IOS and your system menu IOS at that so there is always the chance of a problem.

You don't have preloader so you don't have to worry about that. For those with it they need to reinstall after patching IOS60

Rod_Hull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah - that's what I thought I'd read about Preloader - it's hard to understand it all, however - there's a lot of conflicting information spread about multiple threads!

I'll clear out my SD card, dump my NAND and then give it a bash.

Since it's a System Menu IOS - will updating to newer revisions of the System Menu (in the future) prove problematic or add a risk of a semi-brick, or will it just reverse the patch, and need to be applied on each new update?

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you do an official Nintendo update at a later date you'll need to reapply the Trucha patches. Apart from that there is no added risk of a brick.

Rod_Hull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help. All went smoothly and I now have a patched IOS60 - WiiWare is working now when moved to the SD card and vice-versa...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome