Hacking Dont wanna brick my ps3 so quick question-

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that guide will work, I'd also suggest to look at the multiman guide as well, also any of those would work (I had to use my psp actually because for some reason my Ps3 didn't agree with my flash drive.)

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
patey said:
i have OFW 3.41, will http://gbatemp.net/t280915-ps3-softmod-guide this work as a softmod guide?
and will a formatted omnitech mp3 player work for the usb drive? if not will a sd card usb reader work?
or even my psp.

thx in advance for any help.
It will work yes. And who doesnt have a USB drive? It isnt even costly. I doubt it will read from your PSP/MP3 player or any of it. You could give it a try, but make sure ur MP3 player is formatted to FAT32.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
patey said:
i have OFW 3.41, will http://gbatemp.net/t280915-ps3-softmod-guide this work as a softmod guide?
and will a formatted omnitech mp3 player work for the usb drive? if not will a sd card usb reader work?
or even my psp.

thx in advance for any help.
It will work yes. And who doesnt have a USB drive? It isnt even costly. I doubt it will read from your PSP/MP3 player or any of it. You could give it a try, but make sure ur MP3 player is formatted to FAT32.
It should, I should know because I used it to do it
laugh.gif

patey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've never in my life owned a usb drive and i've done computer repairs out of my basement for hundreds of people since i was 8
tongue.gif
i've always had my external hard drives and sd card readers- sd card readers cause i get em for $20 (thats the reader and sd card, size keeps goin up with the cheaper they get)

i'm gonna start doin the mod and see how it dgoes, thx for the advice guys and i'll post back here if i need help
smile.gif

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
External harddrives works if you have them in FAT32 format. And reparing pc normally doesnt require usb drive because repairing a pc usually involves replacing parts or formatting the computer which requires a cd or screwdriver etc...

patey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm...when i click download ofw 3.55 it says file not found...know a place to get it?

edit- also link in guide is no good

patey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know i dont need a guide,it just helps as a reference- whats rebugs cfw?
and i guess a cfw just installs like a ofw update?

http://rebug.me/?p=646

guessin thats it ^
which version should i dl? my goal is to play my game backups (i like to take my ps3 to friends houses but worry bout my games getting lost/stolen -im 19, the parties tend to get good
wink.gif
- ) and still be able to play on psn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1